I've seen this floating around Blogland so I've done it too. I "Canadian-ized" it though and of course, since I can't leave well enough alone, I commented on it too.
If you want to do this, there are neater versions out there. Charity's
for one. Her's is the U.S. version. Just copy, paste to your blog and bold all the things you've done.01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink. There were only four people in there at the time.
02. Swam with wild dolphins. That’s the same place sharks live. Not happening.
03. Climbed a mountain. Climbed a large hill and massacred a yodel. Went on a hike on a mountain.
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive. Not my thing.
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid. Be kind of cool.
06. Held a tarantula. Not a chance in heck.07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone. Yep, but the water was too hot and he was too tired. Isn’t that romantic. 08. Said 'I love you' and meant it.09. Hugged a tree. Then pushed it over (I was eight)and it was dead. I didn’t know they were called widow-makers. My parents nearly had one less kid. Don’t think I’ve hugged a tree since.
10. Bungee jumped. No thanks, if I'm going to do something that scary, I'd rather not be in a position to get pee in my hair.
11. Visited Paris. Just put the ticket in my hand. I’m there.12. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Does it count if you’re on land? If it does, I saw one coming in over the Atlantic while we were in Newfoundland.13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise. I used to work the midnight shift for three different jobs. I have stayed up all day after a midnight shift and watched the sun set.14. Watched the Northern Lights dance. They do. They’re usually icy greenish blue in the winter and reddish, purplish, green in the summer.15. Gone to a huge sports game. Winnipeg Blue Bombers at the Edmonton Eskimos. Bombers won.
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa. When that ticket gets put in my hand.17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables. There were times where if we didn’t, we didn’t eat any vegetables.
18. Touched an iceberg. Drank Iceberg Water while we were in Newfoundland. Nice, well worth the money.19. Slept under the stars. Our tent blew into the lake before we could anchor it. I’m just glad we hadn’t put our stuff in it yet.20. Changed a baby's diaper. Loads and loads.
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon. This would be a really cool way to tour a city. 22. Watched a meteor shower
. Amazing.23. Gotten drunk on champagne. Not that that took much.24. Given more than you can afford to charity. I remember
being poor. It sucks.25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope. My Uncle Phil named a star after his wife. He showed us where it is when we were there. The prairies are an awesome place to stargaze. 26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment. My boss got stung by a bee while giving me heck. He was one of those really uptight people. I didn’t have that job for long.27. Had a food fight. If throwing crabapples and pincherries at each other counts.
28. Bet on a winning horse. I’ve seen the races though.
29. Asked out a stranger. Too chicken.30. Had a snowball fight. Tons.31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can. Why would you not? At least once if you haven’t, do it right now. Very relieving.32. Held a lamb. Egli's Sheep Farm was a school trip every year until we were about 10. They're really wiggly, but so soft.33. Seen a total eclipse. We had to bring sunglasses to school and our teacher did a whole science lesson outside.
34. Ridden a roller coaster. No thanks. Not even close to interested.
35. Hit a home run. I was happy if I got to first.36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking. On the speakers at a nightclub. It was the same night I had champagne.37. Adopted an accent for an entire day.
Irish. When I went to Tennessee to visit my sister. I had a five hour layover in Minneapolis and figured it might be fun. It was. I quit when I got to Chattanooga though.38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment. I’m often contentedly happy about it now.
39. Had two hard drives for your computer. I have enough trouble figuring out one.
40. Visited all 10 Provinces as well as the 3 Territories. I still have to get to New Brunswick, P.E.I., the Yukon, The Northwest Territories and Nunavut
.41. Taken care of someone who was drunk. Been taken care of too.42. Had amazing friends. God love them.
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country. Sounds like fun, sort of.
44. Watched wild whales. We’re saving up to go to Newfoundland in two years. He promised me a boat cruise through Iceberg Alley during migration.45. Stolen a sign. A few street name signs.
46. Backpacked in Europe. Sounds like too much exercise. I’d rather take a train trip through Europe.47. Taken a road-trip. Loads. South and west.
48. Gone rock climbing. Not my thing. Too much like exercise.49. Midnight walk on the beach. Midnight skinny dipping too.
50. Gone sky diving. Not even remotely interested.
51. Visited Ireland. Love to. 52. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love. It’s funny now. It wasn’t then.53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them. A few of my friends and I did. The restaurant was really full, but the food was so damn good, we didn't want to go somewhere else.
54. Visited Japan. Love to. Especially during cherry blossom time.55. Milked a cow. And a goat. It’s really not all that fun. Especially the goat. She was mean.
56. Alphabetized your CDs. No, but I have categories. Single male vocalist, single female vocalist, male band, female band, and mixed bands. All in their genres of course. I’m really not all that much of an anal dork, am I?!57. Pretended to be a superhero. Superman and Wonder Woman. Does it count if you were kids at the time?
58. Sung karaoke. I have not actually inflicted this on anyone yet.59. Lounged around in bed all day. Those were the days.
60. Posed nude in front of strangers. No thanks. Not for me.
61. Gone scuba diving. There are sharks in there. No, thank you!62. Kissed in the rain
. It only sounds romantic. When you have crazy long, frizzy hair, it’s not all that great.63. Played in the mud. As a child. All the time.64. Played in the rain. Soft ball (I'm not very good), golf (Many, many, many, people played through), fished (not when there's lightning though), soccer with the dog.
65. Gone to a drive-in theater. Are there any left?
66. Visited the Great Wall of China. Love to.
67. Started a business. Someday.68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken. Married August 17th, 2002. He's still stuck with me.69. Toured ancient sites. This town was built on the site of a great victory for the Ojibway people. Legend of Sioux Lookout. I’ve hiked up the "mountain" where the battle took place.
70. Taken a martial arts class. I’d like my daughter to though.
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight. Haven’t ever played.72. Gotten married. August 17th, 2002.
73. Been in a movie. Lived in Winnipeg when The Arrow was being filmed though, we went and stood outside the set.74. Crashed a party. Bar parties. Crashing is expected.
75. Gotten divorced. Better not either.
76. Gone without food for 5 days. Been pretty close though. I still can’t stomach those cheap noodle packages. It took a while before I could eat Oatmeal again.77. Made cookies from scratch. Love doing this.
78. Won first prize in a costume contest. Maybe someday.
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice. I really want to do this.
80. Gotten a tattoo. Needles freak me out.81. Been on the St. Lawrence Seaway
. We got to take a tour boat through the locks too. Really cool.
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert". Most people don’t want to know how to be dorks.83. Got flowers for no reason. He’s a good Mr.84. Performed on stage. In the church Christmas play. Nearly every year until I was 15.85. Been to Saskatoon. Very pretty city. No trash on the ground!
86. Recorded music. I’m pretty sure recording off the radio onto your tape deck doesn’t count.
87. Eaten shark. Haven’t really wanted to. I’d try it if it was given to me though.88. Had a one-night stand. Glad I’m not still in that part of my life.
89. Gone to Thailand. I’d like to though. I hear the cuisine is excellent.90. Bought a house. It’s a trailer on leased land, but it’s ours.
91. Been in a combat zone. We are very fortunate. I count my blessings on this one every day.
92. Buried one of your parents. I don’t want to either.
93. Been on a cruise ship. I’m hoping Mama E. will considering doing an annual knitting cruise though so I can save up and go on one, one of these years.
94. Spoken more than one language fluently. My ears to brain connection just doesn’t work. I can figure out how to ask for something in French, I just hope they never answer in French.
95. Performed in Rocky Horror. I never got this whole thing.96. Raised(ing) children. I’ve gotten her safely to 2 thus far and we are well on our way to 3.
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour. Nah. Not my thing.
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars. I’ve made enough of a mess of the ones that are there.
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country. Sounds like a lot of exercise. 100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over. When I was 18. I came back so I could have a good paying job when I was 26.
101. Walked the Hartland Bridge
in Hartland, New Brunswick. Looks pretty though. Might be too much exercise for me. I'd probably just drive across it with the windows down.102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking. Funny thing, I was at a stop light in Thunder Bay and I think the guy in the next car was listening to the same radio station, because it looked like he was singing the same song.
103. Had plastic surgery. I wouldn’t choose to either unless it was to repair damage from an illness or injury. I’m mostly happy with how I look.
104. Survived an illness that you shouldn't have survived. “… but for the Grace of God, there go I…”
105. Wrote articles for a large publication. A couple of Letters to the Editor for our local paper though.
106. Lost over 100 pounds. I went from 130lbs to 192lbs when I was pregnant and now I’m 145lbs. Not too far off.
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback. That would be really freaky.
108. Piloted an airplane. No, thank you. The Mr. has. They have to perform test flights to make sure everything is working after they fix something electrical and the pilots let him have the throttle every now and then.
109. Petted a stingray. Saw one in the Toronto Zoo when we were kids and again in Tennessee at the Tennessee Aquarium.110. Broken someone's heart. It was not a nice break up.
111. Helped an animal give birth. Been there while one has though.
112. Won money on a T.V. game show. Be fun.113. Broken a bone. Two. Left arm at the elbow and right wrist.
114. Gone on an African photo safari. Be interesting.
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced. No thanks.116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol. Rifle and shotgun. Got a nasty bruise and hit the ground after shooting the shotgun.117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild. Every year.118. Ridden a horse. Took lessons for two years when I was a preteen.119. Had major surgery. Had a bad leg vein removed to prevent clotting. Felt major. Not sure if that counts though. Had to be put under to fix my arm too.
120. Had a snake as a pet. Not even under threat of death.
121. Done an Ice Walk
tour in Alberta. Looks really cool. Maybe a future winter road trip.
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours. I don’t think I’ve ever been that tired.
123. Visited more foreign countries than Canadian Provinces. Just the U.S.
124. Visited all 7 continents. I’d really like to.125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days. At summer camp one year.
126. Eaten kangaroo meat. I hear it’s actually really tasty.127. Eaten sushi. The all vegetable kind. 128. Had your picture in the newspaper. My daughter was the first baby born to a resident of Sioux Lookout in 2004.129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about. He’s beginning to understand how come women need feminism.130. Gone back to school. Just finished an exam. On-line schools count don’t they?
131. Parasailed. Not sure about trying this one.
132. Petted a cockroach. A fake plastic one maybe, if I was forced to. Real ones would get stomped.133. Eaten fried green tomatoes. Yep, and green tomato relish, green tomato salsa, green tomato pickles, green tomato mincemeat …134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey. English class. Grades 10 and 11, respectively.
135. Selected one "important" authour who you missed in school, and read. Who decides the importance of the authour?
136. Killed and prepared a wild animal/bird for eating. The Mr. and the father do the killing and prepping. I’ll cook it though.137. Skipped all your school reunions. Going to keep skipping them too.138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language. I don't know sign language and complete deafness from childhood counts doesn’t it?139. Been elected to public office. Depends on how you define public office. I was elected to the Health and Safety committee at the mill as well as the Negotiating Committee for the contract between McKenzie and it’s employees.
140. Written your own computer language. Only if swearing about/at computers counts.141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream. Dreams change. Right here, right now, as other blogger’s and fellow knitter’s read my thoughts and respond in kind and my daughter snuggles on my lap, it feels pretty happy-dream like.
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care. I don’t want to have to either.
143. Built your own PC from parts. That would be some PC. If it even knew it was plugged in, it would be a miracle.
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you. Maybe someday. Knitting is artwork so it could happen.
145. Had a booth at a street fair. Having a booth at the local farmer’s market is a definite possibility in a few years. This year is a no go. Next year looks pretty grim too. 146: Dyed your hair. Once. It got a really brassy orange one year so I dyed it back to my original red-brown.
147: Been a DJ. Not interested. I’d rather dance foolishly.
148: Shaved your head. I’ve thought about it.
149: Caused a car accident. I hope not.
150: Saved someone's life. I don’t know. Not on purpose. You never truly know how you can affect other people’s lives though. We may all have saved someone’s life and never know it. The speeding moron who nearly rear-ended you may have hit a little kid if you hadn't been there wanting to make a left turn. You just never know.