Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Some random stuff.


Firefly is asking for help making blankets for the Habitat for Humanity project in her area. She would like a 7" x 7" square with seed stitch, garter stitch or moss stitch borders. You can read more about it on her page. She has some beautiful pictures and writes really well too. If you are looking for a new blog to read or add to your list, I recommend it.

Choir practice was last night and we are starting to sound not half bad. Good thing too since we only have three more practices. We are doing thirteen songs. I've never sung most of them before joining the choir, but I do have a CD or two with a few of them. I'll put up a list of them the night before our performance, and I am going to try to figure out a way to put a quick performance up on YouTube. No promises on that though. I'm not very computer proficient and it may take a while to figure it out.

I got the Fleece Artist wound into a ball and am starting a scarf-sized swatch with the stitch pattern I have chosen. That way if it looks good, I just keep going.


Some random winter pictures taken yesterday. My Tamarack has dropped it's needles and now has a stark profile against the white of the snow.

Trees in the yard two doors down. I don't know what kind of trees they are, but the branches are yellow all winter long.


One thing I wanted to let people know about. If you don't have an office program or document writer on your computer, there is a free one you can download and it is a really good one. I had it on my computer before I was forced to get Microsoft for school and I really liked it. It can't open or edit Microsoft Office's Access stuff, but it can open and edit everything else. The best thing about it is that you can copy and paste recipes and patterns from websites. Just remember to respect people's copyrights when doing that and either include their name in the copy and paste or add it after.
If you are interested, go to Open Office and check it out.

5 Comments:

  • That Fleece Artist is lovely! I've been using Open Office for the past year or so, and I really like it. :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 2:40 PM, November 14, 2006  

  • I will definitely check out the site. A 7x7 square is an easy way to feel good about yourself...

    By Blogger Nic, at 5:27 PM, November 14, 2006  

  • Such gorgeous winter pics once more! I'm glad that your choir practise goes so well - awww, I'd so love it if you could put a bit of a performance on YouTube, I'd *so* love to see(hear it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 AM, November 15, 2006  

  • Thank you so very much for linking to the Gracious Parcels project, and for your very kind words on my behalf.

    Love your snow photos ... I am looking forward to more snow here sometime soon!

    Best,
    firefly

    By Blogger firefly, at 9:08 AM, November 15, 2006  

  • I love the winter pictures. So pretty. Even more, though, I love the Fleece Artist. The colors are so rich and luscious!

    By Blogger Kristy, at 9:13 PM, November 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home