Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Stitch pattern trial.

Suzanne posted another stitch pattern here and I've given it a try using her x = 3. Here's what it looks like as a dishcloth. It makes a pretty ruffle but the sides are determined to curl in, so next time I think I would add an edging stitch to keep the sides from curling in.


The reverse side is just as nice.


Here's what I did.
Cast on 38.
Row 1: K3, *P2, K3* repeat to end.
Row 2: P3, *Yo, K2tog, P3* repeat to end.
Repeat rows 1 & 2 to desired length.
Cast off and weave in ends.


Click on the link below.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting.

Crazy Aunt Purl's grandmother is in a convalesent home and Kristy came up with the idea of knitting/crocheting squares to make a blanket for her and if there are enough squares, Mr. Hakim and others who are in the home too. So please help out if you can. Any natural fibre including sock or lace yarns will be perfect, although washable is preferred. If you don't knit or crochet, there is a tip jar there to help out with the cost of shipping, or purchasing yarn for knitter's who can't afford buy any but still want to help out.
Laurie shares the good, the funny and the sad things in her life with us, so I'm hoping we can share our talents with her.

3 Comments:

  • Gah! I only posted half of the rows, which I immediately realized when I saw your pix! I will fix it on my blog after ensuring that I've got the revision right.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM, September 18, 2006  

  • Thanks for sharing this pattern with us, it looks so nice - I'll make sure to try it out soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 AM, September 18, 2006  

  • This pattern is super cute. Are you going to ditch the previous incarnation of the ISE scarf?

    By Blogger Kristy, at 10:16 PM, September 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home