Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hello Fall.

Somewhere under all that is my Saturday Sky. Apparently the air is colder than the lake. All this fog burnt off by the time I finished writing this post and now the sky is a very bright blue, but Blogger hates it when you try to add pictures after writing all over the place.


Okay about Suzanne and this "trying to help her brother's significant other and friend, Samantha raise some money to help fight Ovarian Cancer. You can read her story here. By the way, Samantha's climb team is $11.08 short of their $25,000.00 goal. Anyone who goes over there and donates that amount or more, then tells me about it, will be entered into a draw to win the stuff..." why do I care? Well, no one tells you how weird and different everything inside your body stays after you have a baby. I started to get nervous and an ultrasound showed a bit of something in that area during a quick check on my kidneys (they're fine). I gotta tell you, I was pretty freaked out until the second ultrasound showed that it was just fluid built up around one ovary and antibiotics cleared that right up. I can't imagine how I would have felt if it really was Ovarian Cancer. I haven't got $11.08 and I am hoping one of you does and can help them reach that goal. So that said, here's what I will give to the person whose name get drawn from everyone who donates and lets me know about it.

A ball of Bernat Handicrafter a set of six stitch markers (pictured below) and some hardwood 5mm (US 8) 6 3/8" knitting needles
handmade by me. The bead on the top is a wooden bead bought from Walmart, but the rest of the needles are completely natural. They are treated with beeswax from my Uncle's hives and are very smooth. These two needles together are much lighter than one of my plastic 7" needles from Red Heart.

The bead on top.

The points.

I'm making these black and white stitch markers this morning. They are plastic beads and are quite light so they won't add weight to your large projects. The rings will fit a 6mm (US 10) knitting needle. They are the kind of ring you can add things to as well (like a key ring) so if you want to, you can add a bigger ring or you can add a clip and use them as purse jewellry too.

6 Comments:

  • My Aunt Loretta is fighting Ovarian Cancer. She's currently recovering from her second major surgery and took her last chemo treatment ten days ago. I donated $10.00 in honor of her fight. Wish it could be more, but alas it is a poor month for me. Hoping and praying a cure is found.

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 12:12 PM, September 09, 2006  

  • Things are tight on this end, too, right now but I made the decision to knit my ISE scarf on size 8 needles I already own instead of ordering the new AddiTurbos I was contemplating. I've donated the price of those needles ($15) to fighting Ovarian Cancers. I do it for your friend but also for my best friend's mother, Joann Buckholz, who is an ovarian cancer survivor and someone I love very much. Thanks for bringing this to our attention

    By Blogger Kristy, at 12:06 AM, September 10, 2006  

  • Thanks Kathleen and Kristy. You guys rock and power to Joann!

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 9:54 AM, September 10, 2006  

  • I had surgery on my uterus a couple of years back and since then keep having problems - not with the uterus, but with the ovaries strangely, but so I sure know a bit about cancer, worries etc. Thank you for telling us about Samantha, I'll go right there now to check her page out and see what I can do from overseas.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 AM, September 12, 2006  

  • Wow - I just heard that you posted this to your site. Thanks for the donations and thanks for caring. You amaze me.

    Climb and Knit on!

    By Blogger samantha, at 3:30 PM, September 27, 2006  

  • also if you want to see pictures from the event and my trip report visit me at http://slockwoo.livejournal.com/

    By Blogger samantha, at 3:31 PM, September 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home