Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, September 08, 2006

The things a Daddy will do for his Girly.

He says to make it clear that he is just creativly wrapping the yarn around the needle so it will stay put for her.

The prerequisite out-of-focus-oddly-angled-but-still-cute-little-kid picture for the Girly's photo album.

I've managed a bit of knitting that hasn't been frogged. My Dishcloth Mid-Month KAL. It's hard to see, but it looks a bit like an oak leaf.


I won a blog draw!!! I was feeling dull, dragged out and bleah, so I started flicking through some blogs and lo and behold... there was Suzanne announcing that I was the first winner of her draw for a yarn crawl through her stash. Happy dancing and yarn perusing ensued and now I am going to be the lucky recipient of some Malabrigo laceweight in two colourways as well as some Kertzer Super 10 mercerized cotton in a very pretty pink colourway. I believe there will be cape knitting (Girly) and scarf knitting (Christmas presents) in my future.
She is trying to help her brother's significant other and friend, Samantha raise some money to help fight Ovarian Cancer. You can read her story here. By the way, Samantha's climb team is $11.08 short of their $25,000.00 goal. Anyone who goes over there and donates that amount or more, then tells me about it, will be entered into a draw to win the stuff in tomorrow's Saturday Sky post since Blogger has decided it would rather send my pictures out into space. If you see them somewhere out there, would you let me know?

3 Comments:

  • Now, this is a truly amazing Daddy - and it seems he had a lot of fun "creatively wrapping the yarn around the needle"! ;)
    And congrats on winning, aren't surprises like these so great?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 AM, September 09, 2006  

  • wrapping the yarn my tushy! the man is hooked. i see great manly knitted things in his future. they teach footy players to crochet and knit when they have hand injuries. occupational therapy.

    digging girly's fairy princess sparkle bunny fluffy pixie outfit. nice to see that pink is okay again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 AM, September 09, 2006  

  • MMMMMmmmmmmmmm.....Malabrigo........

    Lucky you!

    By Blogger Liz K., at 8:18 AM, September 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home