Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saturday Sky, Friday Garden

My Saturday Sky. It's looking like it will turn out to be a nice day. A bit sticky, but nice.

Hope. She's propped up and looking very striking without her petals.

Hope's babies are looking decidedly seed shaped.

Joy is very tired indeed. She is valiantly hanging in there, but those babies of hers are pretty busy.

Chary finally filled in and is now prenant and glowing. She's pretty pleased with herself right now.

Bustle outpaced Chary no problem and is well on her way to losing her petals so she can concentrate on having good healthy babies.

Another girl ready to open. Another name to come up with and some more prayers that Jack Frost will wait even longer before showing up. I'm not holding my breath though.

The ravens were out in full force yesterday. I guess the rain brought out the worms and they were out collecting. These guys get pretty big up here. Most cats leave them alone because they are about the same size as an average cat.

I finished most of my stitch markers last night. Of course, I got so caught up in the making that bedtime for me was pretty late. Tired Mommy today.

Another Great-Aunt blew into town this morning. She is the other one the Girly is named after. There is an Aunt (the one that was just here) on my Dad's side and an Aunt (the one that just showed up) on my Mom's side with the same name.
One lives in Toronto and works for a large company there. One lives in Alberta in the mountains, which she regular hikes through or climbs at 65.

6 Comments:

  • The girls are wonderful. I am surprised that squirrels haven't attacked them yet. And I am envious of ravens. Around here only crows (which are pretty cool too, but not nearly as cool as ravens.) I just love hearing ravens.

    As for bird/pet encounters, once a friend with a little dog was at the dog park here and a bald eagle was sitting in a tree watching it. My friend quickly decided playtime was over and picked up her dog!

    By Blogger Dorothy Neville, at 12:13 PM, September 02, 2006  

  • Really like those orange markers! Great work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 PM, September 02, 2006  

  • Those are beautiful stitch markers!

    I'm really enjoying the photos of your sunflowers as well... particularly your close up of Hope.

    By Blogger Sayward, at 7:52 PM, September 02, 2006  

  • the sunflowers are beautiful, and I love the stitch markers :)

    By Blogger Barb, at 10:45 PM, September 02, 2006  

  • I saw ravens for the first time (that I know of) while camping up near Sudbury. Their caw sounds like a crow with a cold.
    The girls look beautiful and glowing!

    By Blogger Martina, at 11:05 PM, September 02, 2006  

  • Wow, these sunflower-pics are amazing, they're totally artsy! And I love your stitchmarkers, especially the red ones are so cool!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 AM, September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home