Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Heh, Heh.

"Dem ends, dem ends, dem dere ends...
Dem ends, dem ends, dem dere ends,
Dem ends, dey is sewed in!"

I can't remember the name of the song that keeps coming to mind whenever I see these, but it is stuck in my head!

That is crochet! For real, done by me. I bought a book on crochet to send to my Secret Pal (they should be starting sign ups for Secret Pal 9 soon, or at least announcing it soon), and as I was glancing through it, I saw pictures on how to do it. For some reason, this time they stuck and made sense. So I gave it a try. It's a very simple edge, but still, it's crochet and it worked!


Picking up stitches for the bottom is not fun. I'm really wishing I had a 5mm circular. I make that size in wood, but I'm thinking that I would still be cursing while trying to use them. Metal being slippery-er and all.


Today is the last day of the
Dishcloth/Dishtowel contest. I will be mailing the parcel to my friends on the 15th and any dishcloths received before then will be entered into the contest provided they are postmarked with today's date or earlier. Anything received after, will be put together as Christmas gifts for the women at the local Women's Shelter.
Winners will be announced on the 15th.

Edited to add: Secret Pal 9 is open for sign up now. You have until the 30th of September. Secret Pal 9 blog.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home