Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'm tired this morning.

Here's why. I got all caught up in the whole stitch marker making thing and didn't go to bed until nearly 1:00am. That's late when you have a child showing up at your house at 7:20 am.
They are all plastic beads from the Buck or Two store here in town.

These are a pale blue with pale yellow under the sea type beads.

These are my favourites. Dark charcoal grey beads and coloured beads with white flower and decorative etchings on them. I think I'll be keeping these ones.

Various other ones that need to have the ring attached and wire wrapped.

Now, I just need to join a stitch marker swap and I'm all set. Although, I do have a vague idea for one of my own. Maybe.

I haven't been outside to take pictures of my girls, and the way the children are scrapping it out this morning, I may not get outside until much later. So if you go here, you get to see some great pictures of other people's and a couple of farms. The last time I drove out to B.C. (British Coloumbia. It's about a 30 hour drive to the Alberta/B.C. boundary from where I live.) there were all kinds of sunflower fields visible from the Perimeter Hwy in Winnipeg and some from the Trans-Canada in Saskatchewan. I think that was the highlight of the drive out and back (I'd already seen the mountains on an earlier road trip they were the highlight then.).

7 Comments:

  • Lovely stitch markers! I'll have to try me some soon!

    By Blogger Martina, at 8:49 AM, August 29, 2006  

  • I love all your variety of stitch markers! You did a nice job.

    I miss those sunflower fields on the prairies. Sigh. :0) That's a heck of a road trip! We're planning to come out either summer 07 or 08, to visit all the family on the way. It's amazing how big our country really is!

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:03 AM, August 29, 2006  

  • Nice markers, Dorothy, esp. for the middle of the night~

    By Blogger Liz K., at 12:05 PM, August 29, 2006  

  • Well, you're markers look much better than mine - I'm having a bit of trouble with the loop - so it's back to the drawing board again!

    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy, at 1:11 PM, August 29, 2006  

  • The markers are beautiful :)

    By Blogger Barb, at 1:12 PM, August 29, 2006  

  • Nice stitch markers! I love to make stitch markers too! That can become addicting, LOL!
    Your sunflower "button" is very lovely, by the way!

    By Blogger PBnJ, at 11:34 AM, August 30, 2006  

  • Thanks for your advice re: the markers. I made a few sets last night, and they were much more successful. I got a copy of Beadworks, or some mag that gave pretty good instructions. My problem now is, that the jump ring, with fine laceweight yarn, tends to get caught in the yarn. Are there closed jump rings out there?

    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy, at 12:35 PM, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home