Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Mail, flowers, it's all pretty around here today.

My Grandma gave me these for my friends. How awesome is she?! I love my Grandma.

These came from Jen today. They are pretty and she says they are the first ones she's done. Good job, Jen! Thank you they are prefect.

Here they are with the one Charity sent the other day. They're chatting up quite a storm and I think I heard a bit of clinking going on.

Blogless Margaret saw my disappointment about Paton's Cotton Top being a discontinued yarn so she and I worked out a trade and lo and behold, more appeared in my mailbox this morning! Yay! Thank you, Margaret!


My poor, sweet, gentle Hope. She took another beating last night when a tornado touched down near Winnipeg last night and we got some pretty high side winds. I need a taller stake, she's outgrown that one and I need to help her hold her head up high. Poor little momma.


Joy is filling in well and looking a little tired herself. I think she may have a little announcement soon, herself.

Chary has finally shown her face and she is starting to fill her centre too.

Here is Bustle she saw all the fun the others were having and how pretty they looked and burst into flower in two days.


The flooring guys came back last night and fixed what they did. We are much happier now, but still wondering why people don't go in every job and do their best to do the job right instead of trying to take shortcuts. Maybe someday people will place a value on their handiwork again.

5 Comments:

  • Do me a favoure, and ask Hope, Joy, Chary and Bustle why on earth my sunflowers did grow this summer (and I seed a lot of them). Where did I go wrong? Should I sing while seeding? Why oh why I am sunflowerless???????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 AM, August 22, 2006  

  • Am I in paralel univer or you have two blogs?????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 AM, August 22, 2006  

  • The sunflowers are still lovely, even after the storm. Which reminds me, I need to go ring my mum - she lives in Winnipeg. :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:20 AM, August 22, 2006  

  • Did Jen tell you were she found the pattern for the dragonfly relief on those beautiful dishclothes? Maybe she would share it with the rest of us....

    I am coveting the Cotton Top. Do you know of anyplace that sells any of this discontinued yarn?

    By Blogger Kristy, at 10:49 AM, August 22, 2006  

  • So glad the dishclothes arrived safely :) They really were fun to make - and I've decided to use the dragonfly pattern to make up a baby afghan. I'm madly in love with those dragonflies. How are your friends doing after all of their moving troubles?

    By Blogger Spinner, at 1:48 PM, August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home