Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Photo Essay day.

There's nothing like casting on 16 sts, knitting 21 rows and casting off to make a girl feel productive. Click on the "Spare a Square" button to see why I'm knitting 3" by 3" squares.

Today's show and tell comes to you from this book. Sears Handknit Collection "Ease and Elegance". The front cover has a woman's fair isle cardigan with a Snowflake Motif on it and a Men's Fair Isle sweater which is more easily seen in the really bad photo.

Does she not look so happy and jaunty in her Aran sweater and matching uh, hat? Love the sweater, may consider changing the hat to a scarf or dickey (there are patterns for those in here too). Is this not what you would wear to stack wood?!

I like this sweater. A Feather and Fan style although I would use different colours. Pinks never look good on redheads with pink undertones.

Ballband sweaters. How cool is that.

Hope is looking a little bedraggled after three windy days and some rain. Her center is filling in really well though. I'm hoping I may actually get some seeds out of this deal. Stay away Jack Frost! Please?

Joy has come into her own. She is perky and bright where Hope is hanging and looking frazzled. Hope must have children.

Another showing her yellow. She won't be long making her debut.


If I get a whack of seeds out of my girls, I'll be giving some away. More on that when/if the day comes.

7 Comments:

  • OMG! LOL! those ballband sweaters are toooo much!

    She's a brick----house
    The lady's stacked and that's a fact,
    ain't holding nothing back.

    By Blogger Dorothy Neville, at 2:30 PM, August 15, 2006  

  • Dorothy! Ya got me singing! The mags are just too cool!!

    By Blogger Martina, at 4:05 PM, August 15, 2006  

  • I love your Sunflower Chronicles! Also, your choices from the jackpot are quite nice. Even though the pictures are hilariously dated, the sweaters seem not to be.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM, August 15, 2006  

  • Dorothy, I think you should make a sunflower dishcloth. To memorialize Hope and her sisters.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 2:44 AM, August 16, 2006  

  • There seem to be some pretty nice patterns in that book of yours - fun to see these old pics and styles ;)
    And did I mention that I'm blown away by your sunflower?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 AM, August 16, 2006  

  • Love the patterns! Your sunflowers are coming along so nicely - I hope you get a lot of seeds from them :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:16 AM, August 16, 2006  

  • That "hat" is adorable. Maybe not something one would wear in real life...but still cute :) The sweaters are gorgeous - and right in style again. LOVE your sunflower chronicles. They are so pretty - and I like how you've named them. What's the new one called?

    By Blogger Spinner, at 11:49 AM, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home