Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

An ordinary day, thank God.

Yesterday was a bit rough with a crabby tired Mommy/Auntie (that's what the two I look after during the week call me) and three toddlers all in "MINE!!" mode I'm so glad for a quiet day today. I only have one extra toddler today and they seem to have decided to play well together so far. Whew.

I have actually managed to get a bit of knitting done. A test square for the Thrum Mittens my SP sent me. I love the colours. I love how there are little bits of pinks and reds popping up here and there. Once I get to the part where I start adding in the pencil roving it's going to look really pretty and colourful.


I got close enough to tension (1 st over, 2 rows under). I know, I know. I should test again with different needles. I'm not going to. I like a roomy mitten and with the bits of roving inside, I think that I'll like the extra room I'll get with a slightly larger st tension. Another washcloth. I frogged the one I originally knit with this yarn because it wouldn't quit leaning so now I'm using Turkish Stitch inside a 3 st garter border. Much better.


I tried to take a picture of the Moon and clouds last night. My ancient camera hates not being able to use the flash. I hope that this is a sky for Halloween. It makes me think that a witch on a broomstick will fly past anytime and bats are swooping and darting about. Hopefully not too near me though. What are you dressing you/your kids as?


Look, look, look! Right there, a sunflower!! A real live sunflower that I grew from a seed, all by myself! I jumped up and down when I saw this. I'm pathetically easy to please.


Hey lady, wanna see me jump up and down? Kick that soccer ball. Come on, kick it, already.


Lorinda could use a kind word or two. Go over there and give her a bit of a pick-me-up would ya? Thanks all.

3 Comments:

  • I love that yarn you're using for the mittens - and yep, like you I like them a bit roomier - they're going to look great! And so is your sunflower, oh, it'll be out in full glory soon - looking forward to seeing a pic then!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:06 AM, August 11, 2006  

  • That mitten yarn is the most beautiful colour! I am fascinated by thrummed mittens, but have never gotten to the place of daring to make some - can't wait to see how yours turn out!

    Sorry to hear of toddler grumpies - we have had that here this morning. I'm hoping it will clear up shortly, or I'll have to lock myself in the laundry room :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:37 AM, August 11, 2006  

  • Pardon my ignorance: What is turkish stitch? I haven't heard this term before. (Maybe I am just out of the loop...) That new dishcloth is beautiful. I'd love to learn that stitch

    By Blogger Kristy, at 2:04 PM, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home