Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, August 14, 2006

My weekend jackpot.

For the past two weeks it's been Blueberry Festival time here in the metropolis of Sioux Lookout. Since I have two extra kids all week and only one car seat, I've missed most of the stuff that's happened, but this weekend was the Annual Trade Show and I was not going to miss out on that. Of course my 2 pound camera had to since it's too hard to manage a two year old and all the stuff you get there as well as big, heavy, ancient digital. How come trade shows never have bags at the door? They know you're going to get a bunch of papers, business cards and buy little stuff, so how come you don't get something to carry it all in?

Anyway, as I was on my way to the arena where the trade show is held, I noticed a sign outside the library, "Books for Sale". Suddenly, I thought what trade show? The best thing about it was the sign that said, "Take what you want, pay what you can." Now, that's music to my ears! So for a donation to the library, you get books and they get space and money to buy new books. I'm all for that. So here's what I got.


More details are over here since I have no idea where Blogger is sending the rest of the pictures it says I've uploaded.

Apparently the first link doesn't work. Try this one and see if that works. Sorry about that.

3 Comments:

  • Wow! How can you beat that haul!

    By Blogger Martina, at 10:51 AM, August 14, 2006  

  • FYI, the link for more details says it doesn't know you.

    You got such a bargain on all those books!!!

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 10:46 PM, August 14, 2006  

  • Congratulations on the great books! Very exciting :0)

    I spent some of my growing up years in Piney, Manitoba. We had a Blueberry Festival every year (set up at the curling rink :0), and I have fond memories both of it, and spending hours and hours picking ice cream pails of berries.

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:47 AM, August 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home