Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The best part of my jackpot.

This book is the true treasure I found over the weekend. It says it's for men, but I see most of them for women. Of course there are a few that are guaranteed to get rid of any man you want to see gone, but for the most part, they are very workable and there is something for nearly every man. If this was the only thing I found at the library, it would be worth the donation.

Of course, the look on his face when I told him I thought that this vest would look fabulous on him was worth the entire donation to the library. It makes it even funnier that he took another look at it and told me that I don't know how to crochet so he isn't all that worried. I love the cardigan though.

I love, love, love this sweater. This one will wind up in my closet someday. Probably in the same colour and maybe a few other colours too. Of course I'll want to shape it just a bit, and change it from crochet to knit, but other than that, it's perfect. You quit laughing, I am just stubborn and delusional enough to try it, I tell you!

Love the cardigan, and the Fair Isle, a fabulous fall jacket (for me again, different colours though). Another definite someday knit.

Love the bathrobe. Probably want to strangle myself with the sheer volume of knitting, but love it anyway. It has just enough detail that it would probably not be hideously tedious. Boring after a while, but not tedious.

These are a definite knit for all of us. For real. There is a crew neck style and a turtleneck style so everyone will be happy.

The light, where did it go? Did I get it?

Meet Chary. She's a little reluctant to show her face.

Another one showing her yellow. Another name to figure out. Joy is still perky and starting to fill out her centre. She had a bee on her so no close ups for her.

2 Comments:

  • Dorothy, thank you so much for dyeing advise! Since try with red cabbage didn't work - maybe coffee will, and I most certainly know how to make STRONG coffee!
    Enjoy new addition in your knitting library!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:02 PM, August 16, 2006  

  • Cool book! It's very retro-chic! What year was it published? I love the Fair Isle cardigan and the bathrobe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 PM, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home