Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Scarf and Winners today.

Guess what kind of truck this is. I'll give you a hint. The only thing the Town of Sioux Lookout provides/maintains for us is Hydro.


The finished scarf. This is two balls of The Cat's Meow - Patina. It is just over 44" long and is 4" wide. When it is folded in half twice it is 2" thick. The ends you see sticking out are the total amount of yarn leftover.

The K1,*P2,K1* end P2 - side. The ribs are more obvious on this side.

The *K2,P1* - side. This side looks like Stockinette without the curl. Exactly what I was hoping for.

Someone held the scarf and then so prettily asked "Scarf for me, please Mommy?" So she has a new scarf which she proudly wore even though it was quite warm in here last night.

"I LUFF my Scarf!"



Now the prizes for the Dishcloths for my Friends donations. Since six people sent stuff and I had six prizes, I assigned each person a number according to when I received their dishcloths then I used this Random Number Generator to draw the numbers and here's how it all worked out.



The Grand Prize - six skeins of Boreal Forest, one ball of Bernat Handicrafter cotton yarn and one pair of 7" handmade wood knitting needles. Goes to my Grandma. Cool! Totally random generator I swear! Hey, crap! Now I've got to figure out something else to give her for Christmas... anyway continuing on ...

The second prize - five skeins of an un-named colourway (bright red/orange/white)goes to Kristy.

The third prize - two skeins of Double Double goes to Laura.

The fourth prize - two skeins of Glacier (I have to redye them, they're getting ready to go in the pot now.) goes to Charity.

The fifth prize - one skein of Pumpkin Patch goes to Kay.

The sixth and final prize - one skein of Johnny-Jump-Up goes to Jen.

Congratualtions to all the winners. I saved all of your addresses so no need to send them again. I'll be mailing them all out by the 21st at the latest. Thank you for contributing to making someone's day a bit better and their new place a bit more home-y.

I will still take any dishcloths anyone wants to send and give them as Christmas gifts to women at the local women's shelter. If you would prefer, you could make some and give them to your local women's shelter.

The more someone thinks they matter, the better their chances of staying out of violent relationships. The more women that get out of bad relationships, the fewer children entering the circle of violence.

9 Comments:

  • Oh Oh Oh!!! I am so excited! I love the un-named colourway (bright red/orange/white). And I never win anything so HURRAY HURRAY!

    I haven't heard from Jen in several days. I wonder if she has been able to make any progress on the blog recovery front

    By Blogger Kristy, at 1:24 PM, September 15, 2006  

  • Yay! Thanks so much Dorothy, I'm so excited! I know with those odds, it shouldn't be that thrilling for me, but this is the very first time I've ever won anything in blogland :0)

    I so agree with your remarks about violence against women. Having been there myself, I know that sometimes it's the smallest thing that will help trigger the end of the madness.

    By Blogger Charity, at 3:26 PM, September 15, 2006  

  • Well, I am guessing, the truck must come and clean out septic tanks....Am I right? I only think I am right because I was in Sudbury this summer. I went down to the mine museum and that is what they called the place where a miner went to relieve himself...

    By Blogger Martina, at 4:15 PM, September 15, 2006  

  • Hi hi hi - sorry for falling off the planet. HOORAY I won a prize! I'm very excited - I've never won a blog prize before. Yay!
    Oh - and the honey truck does NOT bring honey. Quite the opposite really. Septic tank vaccuum. Niiiiiiice. Still Dorothy, some days I would trade you my plumbing for your views :)
    Hooray I won a prize!
    Your little girly is too cute - and I can't think of higher praise for your scarf.
    Have a great weekend!
    Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM, September 15, 2006  

  • Your Girly is so adorable! The scarf is really pretty, you are so talented.

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 12:42 AM, September 16, 2006  

  • This scarf is so gorgeous, it looks totally funky with such a colorful touch - and your little one is the perfect model, she looks fantastic with it! What a cutie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 AM, September 16, 2006  

  • Oh your little one is so cute with such a beautiful scarf to wear. She looks like she couldn't be happier either.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 7:09 AM, September 16, 2006  

  • The scarf looks warm and cosy i'm sure your winters are as cold as ours, this is Canada after all LOL and your DD is adorable, I LOVE the purple/green yarn by the way, very pretty :)

    By Blogger Barb, at 11:35 AM, September 16, 2006  

  • Awww, your daughter looks just adorable in her new scarf!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home