Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Good things came my way.

The new Knitty is up! You can see it here.

Look what was in the Mailbox yesterday evening!

The brown one on top had these beauties in them. From Kristy. Thank you, Kristy I love them both especially the mitered star one. Kristy came up with it by mistake. I happen to think it was a fortunate mistake and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if instructions on how to do it showed up on her blog. ;)

Here they are taking in a little northern sun. They had loads of California sun and they were feeling a little shivery what with the temperature change and all.


There was a preview of soon-to-be-on-sale stuff from Elann, but I threw that in the Recycling bin right after I opened it. Mean, cruel people at that company I tell you. Pushers one and all. Damn them.

This one now, this one was full of good things. Plus, this set looks very handy and I hinted to the Mr. that I wouldn't be annoyed if one of these took up residence in the porch.

Loads of great stuff. I love the Dominion's motto too so I had to show the bag the yarns were in. The yarns were: a skein of Briggs and Little's Regal in a rich blue, two balls of Regia sock yarn in blues, greens and browns and two balls of The Cat's Meow's Patina (fabulous yarn) in their Autumn colourway. There was a magnet clip which is on my fridge holding my grocery list now, but as soon as I get a metal stand, will be holding charts and patterns for me. Two dark chocolate bars from Laura Secord which are in my tummy. So good. A CD full of MP3 clips from various Operas. Beautiful, love it. A traditional Newfoundland Pudding Bag which made the Mr. very happy. I'm going to give it a try after a trip to the grocery on Friday. The bag came with a recipe page that had goodies like Pork Bangbelly, Jiggs Dinner, Dough Boys, Lassy Coady Dumplings and Old Fashioned Figgy Duff. All guaranteed to incite sighs of contented fullness. This though ...

... this made my day! A handmade (by her) drop spindle and a bag of carded roving to learn with. She even e-mailed me some learning links. If I hadn't been so tired last night I probably would have given it a whirl then and there. Thank you so much Martina! You are the best pal a girl could ask for.


If you are interested, you can search here for some traditional Newfoundland recipes.

Last night, I cast on for a skinny ribbed scarf with the Patina [(Cast on 15. Row 1: *K2, P1* repeat to end. Row 2: K1,*P2, K1* repeat to last 2, P2. Repeat rows to desired length) I had to change the original a little as I didn't write the second row properly and 21 sts were too many for a skinny scarf with Patina.], but Canadian Idol was so spectacular that I was glued to the t.v. and didn't even finish one row. GO CRAIG!! Although, I would definitly buy Eva's album too. What voices!

Finally, don't forget that today is the day that many people woke up and the reality of 9/11 sank in. Husbands and wives woke up alone, children had no momma or daddy to eat breakfast with, parents had no children to hug and kiss and siblings had no one to share a laugh with. So take a moment of your day to pray for them or send them positive energies. This has been a long hard journey for many with no closure or justice served.

3 Comments:

  • Wow, what an amazing post day you had! Love all the yarn, so beautiful. :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 12:33 PM, September 12, 2006  

  • My goodness those are some bright dishclothes! I hope they will find a good home. They appear to be enjoying the crisp Canadian air.

    P.S. I have it on good authority that the pattern for the star dishcloth will be up sometime this week.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 5:10 PM, September 12, 2006  

  • reading backwards...
    i think you'll like spinning. i have found that different roving is easier than others. and it'll drop many times. i have two spindles now. top and bottom whorl. be patient, but you'll find you really improve.... my first ball (haven't plied yet) is not consistent. i don't care. i can't wait to knit it. knitty has things on andean plying, i think. keep me posted on how you do with that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 PM, September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home