Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm a Soccer Mom?!

It seems so. We signed Girly up for soccer this year since she was finally old enough to play. Tonight was her first game and it seems the Butterfly Train didn't fall far from the tree.

She did calisthenics and nearly forgot why she was in line. At least until she noticed that the other kids were holding a ball to kick.
She jumped while in line and nearly forgot why she was there until she remembered that the other kids were kicking a ball and she would get to eventually.

She jumped some more during the game. She had no idea where the ball was most of the time.

Oh right, soccer! Note that all the kids in the picture are wearing the same colour. That's because they are all on the same team. The other team's players are just out sight. It was every kid for the ball the whole game.

My Girly is awesome and so fun. She even kicked the ball a time or two.

Knitting will eventually show up on this blog. Not sure when. Someday. I may get a bit of time when I am not tired or spaced out to actually work on something I can show you.

3 Comments:

  • watching little kids play soccer is great fun!

    i remember playing in 1st grade. the coach said to bring it here, meaning to kick it out of bounds as we were all too close to the goal box. so i picked it up and brought it to her. i think that was my first hand ball penalty. i eventually learned the game. who knows. maybe girly will be cap'n of canada's olympic team.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 AM, May 13, 2008  

  • What fun. I never played soccer myself, but it looks like a good way to get out that saved up energy, LOL.

    Looks like it was a pretty cloudy day. Was it cold also? It's been cold around here. Can't believe it's May.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 8:12 AM, May 13, 2008  

  • You. have. arrived. LOL!

    So cute to watch kids play soccer. When I was a little one, I sat by the goal (I was defense) and made buttercup necklaces with my best friend (she was the other defense).

    By Blogger Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo, at 5:16 PM, May 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home