Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's here!

We are incredibly happy that we can wander about in just a sweater but for me, true spring isn't here until these little pretties start popping up. I bought these bulbs from Brecks three years ago. They spent two years in my fridge since I forgot to put them out the first year, then I forgot they were even there the second year. Last fall, I finally thought to give them a try. I didn't hold out much hope that they would even sprout, never mind flower.
They have proven to be even tougher then I dared hope and beautiful as well. The main reason I love the crocus so much. Of all the flowers available today, the crocus is my absolute favourite. Herald of warmth to come and first spots of colour in the brown of earliest spring.
The snow is mostly gone from our yard now and the lure of deep puddles has been heard by the pair of ducks that come every year. I heard them then saw them flying nearby yesterday. A most welcome sound as was the song of the waking frogs last night.
Of course the lure of a nice, big puddle has been heard by another little critter. She spent a good bit of the day and three pairs of pants in there. But, hey, why else did they invent rubber boots?

With the disappearance of the snow, come the rock collections which Jezzy is firmly guarding from that moving thing up there on that screen.

3 Comments:

  • finally spring for you! I love crocuses
    We hit 80 here today. It'll soon be so hot we can hardly breathe...

    By Blogger Sarah, at 4:08 PM, April 20, 2008  

  • Those are the prettiest little tough crocuses!! I love how crocuses look so fragile but really they are super strong...all that pushing through just unfrozen ground.

    By Blogger Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo, at 7:28 AM, April 21, 2008  

  • Lovely crocus flowers. I am glad spring is finally coming. I won't say what the temp is here-but we put the tomatoes in the garden yesterday

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM, April 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home