Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Charity Knits

First the regular "Jane" stuff.



Progress on the purse as of last night. Do anyone else's patterns look like this? I think there are more scribbles than words there! I ripped this a lot for something that was supposed to be so simple to make up and execute!!



Now, on to the Charitable stuff.
The town I live in is starting up a Farmer's Market and I am thinking I would like to sell some stuff there. I want to title my booth "Changing the World Stitch by Stitch" and donate some of the profits to "Knitter's Without Borders" see the Yarn Harlot's blog (I will figure out links on of these days) to find out more.

I already know about the Dulaan Project, Knitter's Without Borders, Keeping Canada Warm, Warming Grace and the Mother Bear Project.

Any one know of more I can get information on and feature in my booth?

They must have their own website/blog, a legitimate address to send stuff to and put more emphasis on helping people than religious or political agendas. For instance: Covenant House. It is a Catholic organization run by Nuns however, they do not emphasis the Catholic point of view. Their main goal is to help street kids by providing a warm place to sleep, showers, a caring shoulder to cry on, non-judgmental ears to listen, counselling and if wanted/needed, help to re-enter school or the workforce and if necessary rehab.

1 Comments:

  • I'm sorry that I can't help you with your question as I'm a tad too far away here - but the idea of setting up your own booth at the Farmer's Market is so great, and the name you're about to give it sure is amazing! I wish you all the best of luck with this!
    And I love how your purse is coming along - not much more to go, yay!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 AM, May 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home