Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
- I'm not overly picky about yarn. The more the better I always say! My daughter and I can't wear 100% Acrylic socks or mitts/gloves though.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
- A glass vase, a plastic vase and various bags all over the house.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
- I started in September 2005. I know how to knit in the round, and can figure out a basic pattern, but, haven't tried intarsia, lace or charts yet. So I'm probably at about the Intermediate level.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
- I have a Chapter's Indigo List. It's long and mostly knitting. I don't have very many books yet so pretty much any knitting book I would love!!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
- My cats, two year old (plus the extra children during the week) and very furry dog pretty well nix the candle idea and I'm not big on baths. I do love a good citrusy shower gel though.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
- I'm weak for dark chocolate. That's about it. I have twenty more baby pounds to take off so, pleeease be kind!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
- I make my own knitting needles and am considering learning to spin if I can find some classes (I'm in a pretty isolated area) and make myself a good drop spindle.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
- I love classical, opera, jazz, swing, big band, blues, Newfoundland music and country. My computer can play MP3's

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
- I love bright colours. Not neons though. No dull (grey or brown undertones)greens, or pastel yellows. They wash all of us right out.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
- I'm married (four years on August 17th), have one two year old girl and look after a two year old boy and a one year old girl during the week. I also have a goldfish, two cats and a very active dog. I'm perpetually tired.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
- I'm not big on ponchos as my daughter loves to be carried and they just get in the way. I like soft scarves, hats and mitts though. Mitts have to be made of a very absorbent material though. I was cursed with oh so fun, sweaty hands.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
- I don't really have a favourite thing to knit yet.

13. What are you knitting right now?
- I just cast on a kerchief for some friends who are shaving their heads for Cops for Cancer, my own pattern (Moda-Dea - Sassy Stripes - Crush), I'm about 1/2 done a purse for my Mother, my own pattern (Briggs and Little - Atlantic - Red and Grey), I also started a choke collar for my dog, idea from MagKnits, my own pattern (Chalkline from the local Rona home and garden centre), Squares for Keep Canada Warm (8"x8" in washable wool) and squares, my own pattern (Paton's Melody) to make a blanket for my daughter when she has a grown up bed.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
- I love handmade stuff.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
- I like bamboo and aluminum. I don't mind plastic. I make my own wooden needles although I won't make anything bigger than a 6mm (US10?) in straight needles as they start to get a bit heavy.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
- Only if a spinning office chair or a husband count! :)

17. How did you learn to knit?
- I bought a book and some yarn from Mary Maxim.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
- November 2005. It's a backpack (pattern by Lily Chin I changed it though. I think I'm bright like that) and I just have to make the straps and sew it up. For about three months now.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
- Anything with a long weekend. Although I am kind of partial to Christmas and Canada Day (July 1st)

20. Is there anything that you collect?
- I like souvenier mugs and magnets

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
- Anything by the Yarn Harlot and the Mason-Dixon Knitting Guide. I would love to try out some Bamboo yarn. I am starting a subscription to Vogue Knitting and Family Circle Easy Knitting.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
- Making and reading charts.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
- I have tried and really suck at picking up stitches. Naastee!! I'm planning on trying out a toe-up short row heel pattern when I finish all my UFO's. I think I might be in denial about the UFO's and the socks may get cast on sooner. I wear a size 8 women's shoe and have fairly narrow ankles and lower calves. I don't really like footies though. I have to check and find out what needs to be measured.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
December/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home