Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Don't you just love firsts?

Today, we had our first something stuck up the nose that required tweezers to get it out. You see, I have some sunflowers starting on my kitchen table and some beautiful little child decided that since mommy was in the potty, that it would be a good time to see if she could "blow" her nose with them. So, she ripped off half of three leaves, rolled them up and in they went. Well, let me tell you, they did not want to come out. Shaking with laughter while trying not to laugh and thus encourage said child to do it again, did not help with the tweezer part of it. Fortunately, all is well, leaf bits are in the garbage and little nose is clean and clear. She says she'll ask for a kleenex next time. I suspect that those tweezers will be kept at the ready at home and a pair will find it's way into my purse/toy box/knitting bag too.
My squares for Warming Grace are finished and now for the needles. So far one down, two to go.
I bought nylon twine and o-rings for a dog collar too. I got the idea from a pattern in Mag Knits last issue (#3), but I think I'm going to adapt the pattern to suit me. Plus, I don't think the mister wants Apollo to wear rainbow colours. I don't think that rainbows go with being named for Apollo Creed from the Rocky movies.

1 Comments:

  • What a scream! Really, I laughed out loud. I'm glad the beautiful little nose is OK. Children are the ultimate empiricists. Our job is to keep the damage reparable.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM, April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home