Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Learn Math!!

So there I was yesterday morning, making pizza dough. I had gotten the water temperature right because my yeast was foaming and everything was all good. so I thought, until I added my flour and salt. Now, I must say here that when doubling a recipe, you should always read the whole thing twice. Maybe even write down all the amounts doubled in the margins or something like that. My dough looked more like thick lumpy paste than dough. I reread the recipe and discovered that I had put in SIX times the amount of water!!! Holy crap! I only wanted to make two pizzas! On the plus side I learned how to make toutons a favourite Newfoundland side dish. Fried bread dough. Melt butter in a pan, put in small flatten rounds of bread dough and fry. The operative word being small. So they cook through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home