Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Knitting some more.

Well, I finally finished the little bag by Joelle Hoverson in her book titled, "Last Minute Knitted Gifts". I dare say, last minute huh?! Only if you don't have any distractions and can knit a mile a minute!!
Love the book, great ideas, time lines are a little skewed for us average stay-at-home Moms!
To be fair though, I did use a smaller yarn [Paton's Katrina (excellent yarn, nice feel, stretchy, and beautiful drape. I may do a tank top with it next.)] so that may have been part of the problem, but, a month of knitting here and there (I am a little slow and unfortunately, hyper on the tension) means her time lines are based on the fact that she's really fast and not distracted.
I've finished two little baskets (my pattern) and have two more to do before Easter. I've found one little gitch and made a few small adjustments so I can get two baskets out of one ball. Happy, happy, happy!
I think I'll try for patterns that don't use a lot of yarn or very expensive brands. That way poor knitters like me won't have to save up for very long to make them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home