Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Service with a big ol' smile.

Monday afternoon I called Threads in Time (website-less) in Thunder Bay, Ontario and ordered some chenille yarns from Lynne the Friendly. I already had the ball of orange, but it was feeling lonely and I kept seeing it mixed in with all the other colours it had been stacked with in the store. Yesterday I opened the mailbox to see all this. Now that, my friends, is service! Crazy, super fast and beautifully friendly service.
So today I will be in the corner snuggling some velvety chenille in these fabulous colours. I may even practice a carol or two for them.


Of course the snuggling will have to commence after I take the Girly to the doctor. We don't know what happened here. Last night we noticed her eye was a bit puffy, but it didn't seem to be bothering her and we figured she had just poked herself or rubbed it too hard. This morning, this is what it looks like. We are waiting until Daddy's shift is done and when he gets home, off to the Doctor we go. I'm pretty sure it's nothing, but I don't like to mess around with eyesight.

UPDATE: The doctor says to keep an eye on it for now. He doesn't think it's bad, he says it could turn into pink eye or go away as fast as it puffed up. He thinks it's most likey a fur stuck in there that hasn't been flushed yet or an allergy to something. Worst case scenario is if she suddenly starts complaining about pain, developes a fever and starts throwing up. Then it's a mad dash to Emergency and an Antibiotic I.V. I should know for absolute sure in two to three days. So now, it's the waiting game. I may sleep again next week sometime.

Edited to Add: I've fixed the link about the Relay for Life in yesterday's post.

7 Comments:

  • Fully appreciating that an eye problem must be taken seriously, that is the cutest picture! She looks like a little diva posing for the camera :)
    Beautiful yarn and gorgeous colours - definitely deserves some snuggling and tuens :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM, September 21, 2006  

  • I mean't tunes - my hands are FREEZING and I can't type!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM, September 21, 2006  

  • HI,
    This is the other Dorothy from the dishcloth list.
    Hope your daughters eye is OK, is it pink eye?
    I'll be back later to read more of your blog, enjoyed what I've read so far.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 3:14 PM, September 21, 2006  

  • The eye kind of looks like allergy swelling...We had a child at the daycare who got a mosquito bite near her eye and it swelled up like that... Love the chenille!

    By Blogger Martina, at 4:02 PM, September 21, 2006  

  • Gosh! I thought I commented earlier but I don't see it here! Gosh.

    Bites do crazy stuff like that. I hope it went well at the doctor. Ya'll are in my thoughts!

    By Blogger Kristy, at 10:24 PM, September 21, 2006  

  • Poor baby, hope she gets better soon. I don't think my 2 year old would have posed for a picture, she would have been rubbing her eyes.

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 12:35 AM, September 22, 2006  

  • That yarn looks great. I hope your girly feels better soon. Hopefully it's just one of those kid thing that happen once in awhile. She's adorable, it doesn't look like she wants to let it slow her down too much!

    By Blogger Jana, at 6:01 AM, September 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home