Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A warning of future begging.

First there is the current begging going on. The squares for Crazy Aunt Purl's grandmother. This is one of the buttons that will be going up as soon as they get a chance to really sit down and add a whack of stuff to the Grandmother Purl website. I heart Frankie. She's a Superstar!


Of course I want Mr. Hakim to get a lap blanket too and in my secret heart of hearts, I want him to get a bed cover too. I feel for him. I know the lonely, but my lonely is for an adult to talk to for longer than two hours and I get the wish every seven days when the Mr. is off work for his seven. I also get you commenting and reading this blog. Mr. Hakim can't talk or type and he doesn't get visitors every seven days for seven days in a row. So of course, I will be knitting as many squares as I can and still get them there on time. I'm starting on one now and will be going hard once my yarn gets here. Some of my sock yarn is getting eyeballed too. It might as well go for something since I haven't managed to get past the toe or cuff of a sock yet.

Now, the future begging. If you've read last night's post, you may have an inkling of what is coming.

First, I am going to package up seeds from my girls and sell them to anyone who wants some. I have to do all the counting and packing and printing off of labels yet, but I am thinking that I will put 10 seeds in each package and charge $2.50 (Canadian currency) a package + $2.00 shipping. $1.00 of which I will be donating to the Lymphoma Foundation. The rest will be yarn and Christmas money. You will be getting organically grown sunflower seeds from some loved and very tough girls. They grew, flowered and produced very lovely babies even in the midst of a carpet of weeds. I am too lazy of a gardener to weed, so of course I am too lazy to do all that pesticide/herbicide spraying and crazy fertilizing.

Second, remember the Relay for Life in June past? Next year I will be walking in honour my best girl and my other best girl who lost her father to cancer three days ago. I am warning you now, not only do I want to raise a fortune for Cancer research, but I want to smash the previous records for money raised in Sioux Lookout's event. Last year the event raised $91,350 and I don't remember the exact amount, but the person who raised the most money, raised somewhere around $1,300. I want to raise more, lots more.
My personal goal is $3,000 in pledges so at the end of April (hopefully I can put it up that early), I will be putting up a pledge sheet and I am hoping we can reach my goal. Just warning you now.

6 Comments:

  • Thanks for the heads up, Dorothy. Maybe I can start a little glass jar for you now and it will be ready to go by April. I will gladly post a link for you when you are ready.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 11:16 AM, September 20, 2006  

  • I'm in for the seeds and the fundraising... How do I convert my US$ to CN$? Will paypal do it for me?

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 12:20 PM, September 20, 2006  

  • Yay Dorothy! - and thanks for the heads up. My brother participates in the relay for life every year so i will start putting ducats away now for the both of you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM, September 20, 2006  

  • Just read your past few entries...been away for a while. sorry to hear about your best friend.

    I love your sunflowers! They are so neat. One year my grandpa and I had a couple of really tall, huge sunflowers in our garden. That garden is a special memory for me.

    Great that you joined the choir. That can be lots of fun. Is your birthday the 6th of Dec.? Mine is too!

    Well, gotta run - I've gotta pack- we're in the middle of a huge move!
    Take care!

    By Blogger PBnJ, at 3:58 PM, September 20, 2006  

  • I agree with Kathleen, you need to set up a paypal account and we will buy seeds too! I am all out of canadian currency. HA!

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 11:25 PM, September 20, 2006  

  • i think the relay to life link is broken. how can i find it? you know my email.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM, September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home