Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

[--insert clever, witty title here--]

Yesterday was Walk with me Wednedsday Since I didn't get to leave the house for a walk until after dark, here's a picture of yesterday morning's frost.

Tuesday night's sunset.

I couldn't leave the Misti Cotton alone. I started another square for Grandmother Purl. The other one got another row or two before I put it down and rationalized this one into starting.

The Halloween bag for Girly. I have to chart out the picture I want to put on it so this one has slowed down until I get that right.

The sock got enough rows for me to have started on the patterned part of it.

How to entertain a dog, two cats (Jezzy is hiding, but so ready to pounce), a Girly and a Mommy. Buy a little kid fishing rod that has a fake fish dangling off of it.


Secret Pal - Thank you for the very pretty card. Girly is not quite three, so she is more into Cinderella and the Wiggles than Narnia. Although she loved the stickers. She's really into stickers.
The best part of any gift is that someone went out of their way to find something they hoped you would like and enjoy. Although I love everything Suzanne sent and I am most happy with all the gifts, the best part of the parcel was the time she spent thinking about and finding gifts she hoped I would really like. So anything you send will be perfect because I will know that you put thought, time and effort into choosing things you hoped I will like.

ISE Secret Pal - Things often slow down when they hit the border. Sometimes it amazes me how fast things come through when so much seems to sit there and languish like prisoners in The Tower. A general rule of thumb when sending things to any part of Canada that not a major center and is north of the Greater Toronto Area, is to expect a wait of at least two weeks. Then you can be pleasantly surprised and happy if it gets through sooner.

In all of yesterday's crowing and showing off, I totally forgot to say thank you. Not very good manners.

Thank you, Suzanne for the time you spent finding all those lovely gifts and for caring enough to want to send them. It means a lot to me.

6 Comments:

  • Thanks for letting me know. I was starting to get worried. The post office told me 3 to 5 days!

    Hope you like it!

    --ISE pal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM, October 26, 2006  

  • So, is that 2-week estimate true for regular mail pieces too, or just for parcels?

    My girl is 4, but I had forgotten for a moment that 3-or-4 as an elder (or only) child is very different than 3-or-4 as a second (or subsequent) child.

    Thanks for helping to reset my mindset - I know when I receive parcels, my kids always crowd around to see if there is anything for them, so when I have a pal with kids, I always try to find something for them too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 PM, October 26, 2006  

  • Dorothy, it was really a pleasure to put the box together for you. I am thrilled that everything hit the mark. I love the idea about melting chocolate in coffee, and will have to try it soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 PM, October 26, 2006  

  • I am excited to see who your pal is! Do you have any idea?

    That Misti Pima Cotton Silk really is dreamy. That is what I used for my pals's scarf! Now I am hoarder what I have left of it!

    By Blogger Kristy, at 8:32 PM, October 26, 2006  

  • I really love that sunset pic, such amazing colors! And wow, you sure have a couple of WIPs on the go - looking forward to seeing more of them!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 AM, October 27, 2006  

  • beautiful sunset and i love the daffodil that became frozen in time... putting off death for a few days.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 PM, October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home