Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Bienvenue a le Maison Winter

7:20am. Still too dark to take pictures.

7:25am. A picture of the ground.

7:40am. Light enough to take a picture ...

... or two. It's 8:06am now, and it's starting to snow again.

I did get some knitting done. A hat for the Girly.

A secret project. I really love these yarns together. Very soft wool.

Of course I had to work on those new projects because, say it with me now, "I have nothing to knit."

Left to right, back to front. The sock, I managed about three rows, but I don't really have to tell you that since the progress is so obvious on it. The scarf of repo'd yarn. No progress there. The Thrum Mitt. No progress there. The square for Grandmother Purl, again with the no progress to report. The three random balls of yarn are all supposed to be hats by Christmas. The skeins are supposed to be a Halloween bag for Girly, by Halloween. I may be heading up the creek. I think I still have a paddle though.

10 Comments:

  • My gosh, if you have such a lot of snow now, how do your winters look like?! But I love the photos, they're amazing!
    And wow, your secret project is going to look so pretty with these colors, I really love them - I'm very curious to see what it's going to become!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM, October 23, 2006  

  • Your secret project looks very nice. Thanks for the peek!

    I am also working on a square for Grandmother Purl, with about the same degree of progress. I guess we had better get cracking!!

    SP

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 AM, October 23, 2006  

  • I have nothing to knit, either! :0)

    The Girly Hat will be great - I so wish my Katie would wear colours like that! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:48 AM, October 23, 2006  

  • Oooh wee! Snow looks nice and cold!

    Best,
    firefly

    By Blogger firefly, at 1:39 PM, October 23, 2006  

  • Halloween is almost here! Wow, look at all that snow. Too early for snow here ... and I'm grateful for that. Holiday knitting is piling up tho ... so I know how you feel!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 1:59 PM, October 23, 2006  

  • Lovely colors on the secret project. Is that stockinette, or something a little more involved? You do not have an embarrassing tally of projects in progress, at least not yet! I think the real question is whether or not anything gets finished, and clearly things do!

    BTW, the word verification for posting came up as "snot GQ." *snort*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 PM, October 23, 2006  

  • What a lovely bundle of works-in-progress you have. They are just varied enough to really keep in interesting. Right? :)

    I like the blue and white in the lower right corner.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 2:49 PM, October 23, 2006  

  • "I have nothing to knit" too! And a shocking amount to get done before Christmas. Very curious about your secret project - love the colours. And snow! Snow! Want me to do the happy dance with you? (leaving now...)

    By Blogger Spinner, at 4:00 PM, October 23, 2006  

  • The snow is so pretty!

    Can't wait to see what your secret project is. Those colors are so pretty!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM, October 23, 2006  

  • so pretty. hard to believe that hope and her friends were just there.

    do you get lots of critters?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 AM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home