Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Some knitting and a meme

A square for Grandmother Purl. I wanted a stained glass effect without going all crazy on the geometric lines which would be even more fiddly than this already is. Of course if you don't want the window panes to have the same look, you have to divide the main ball so the colours don't match up. It's not 8 x 8, but by the time I'm finished with it, it will be even if I have to add a crocheted edging.

This one, in time out. I am not happy with how intarsia looks in chenille. I think stripes with this stuff or maybe a log cabin square. I'll see how things go.


A musical meme: This was a hard one since my tastes are so diverse and it took a while to track down some of the composers/singers. You know how you really love a song and you know what CD it is on, but you've forgotten the name and who sings it? That's what's been holding me up.

My 10 Favourite songs.

This is a randomly placed list. My favourite really depends on what kind of mood I'm in at the time.

1. "The Blue Danube" - Johann Sebastian Strauss

2. "Suzel, Buon Di - Part I" - Act I - L' Amico Fritz

3. "I Am" - Johnny Lang - Wander this World.

4. Heave Away - Artist Unknown although many have redone the song. It's one of those songs that you really can't keep still when you hear it. It really makes you want to dance.

5. A Day without Rain - Enya I like the whole album, really. She has such a beautiful voice.

6. A Handful of Dust and Over my Shoulder - Patty Loveless - When Fallen Angels Fly. I like this whole album too, but these two songs are my favourites from the album.

7. Purple Rain - Leanne Rimes version. I do like Prince's original, but I find Leanne's easier to sing.

8. Kiss - Tom Jones. Yep, I like Tom Jones, the older stuff though. Feel free to insert Carlton jokes here.

9. Tell me I was Dreaming - Travis Tritt. Makes me cry everytime I see the video.

10. My Ding-a-ling - Chuck Berry. I like most of Chuck Berry's stuff and this one make me laugh everytime. I'm all growed up like that.

What are your ten favourites?

Oh, and come closer. Closer. I don't want to have to say it too loud in case the fates hear me. Somebody hasn't had an accident since Friday evening. Not even at night. I don't really know how this happened. Keep it on the Q.T. just in case the fates hear and decide to do something about it.

8 Comments:

  • Shhhhhhh - hooray for 'someone'. Most excellent. I love how you give your yarns time outs. Too cute. Will do your music meme soon - though I will have the same problem you did remembering composers/singers etc. Happy Monday :)

    By Blogger Spinner, at 10:47 AM, October 16, 2006  

  • YAY for 'someone' special...we're potty training too and it's going pretty good so far, she does'nt always go when I put her on but if she asks she'll go :) I LOVE how your stained glass square is coming out :)

    By Blogger Barb, at 1:14 PM, October 16, 2006  

  • Dorothy, I love the stained glass square! And Yay! for you-know-who regarding you-know-what!

    By Blogger Charity, at 2:17 PM, October 16, 2006  

  • Yay for the potty training success. (I wispered that so the Fates wouldn't hear.) ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM, October 16, 2006  

  • Oh, hooray on the milestone! My 4-year-old is still struggling with nighttimes, so I know what a joy it is to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM, October 16, 2006  

  • Love the stained glass effect! I will do my favorite ten tunes soon!

    By Blogger Martina, at 5:11 PM, October 16, 2006  

  • I don't dare say this out loud, but my daughter was dry at night from the very beginning (not quite 2 years old, I don't know but that kid was self-motivated!) I was making her wear a diaper at night, and since she wasn't even talking at that point, she used to cry and try to pull it off. I told her that she could go without for one night, but if she had an accident, she'd have to put it back on.

    Never happened.

    Ah, I remember those first few wild trips to town with no diaper on. What if she pees in her car seat? What if she pees in the grocery cart? She never did, but I always worried about car rides over 10 minutes!

    Congratulations. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 PM, October 16, 2006  

  • I really love how the squares come along - and gosh, your little one is just the cutest!
    Plus - I so share your love for Enya by the way, what an amazing voice she has!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 AM, October 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home