Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Saturday Sky and a little sumpin' sumpin.

Today is dawning bright and clear, but oh so frosty. If I didn't have stuff to brag talk about, I would have taken some more purty frost pictures.

The Misti Cotton square is nearly done. Just a few more rows and I would be finished. It may be another day or two in the works though. Why, you ask?

This is why. Girly's halloween bag. Can you guess what it is and what she is going to dress up as? Can you guess how darn pleased I am with myself how well it is turning out? I hope to have the bag finished in time. If I can keep going like this, I will.

Friday mornings beautiful red sky. "Red sky in the morning, Sailors take warning." There was rain and some wind, but no big deal.

Another view. My camera added a bit of red to the pictures, but I think it was picking up the red reflecting off the air. Everything looked so red even to my eyes.


Best for last!

Guess what came in the mail yesterday! Here I am showing it off all funk-a-sexy like. Well, I would be if I wasn't doing an Elvis snarl while squinting through the view-finder on the ancient camera and wearing men's workout pants. I probably should have made the bed too. Yeesh. I couldn't get a clear picture in there so ...

... good thing my pumpkin was a little cold. Beautiful isn't it?

It is Malabrigo and so, so soft. Have you seen this somewhere before? It looks familiar you say? Why you must read Lolly's blog! She was my pal for this exchange and I must say that I could not be happier with her gifts. The scarf is fabulous, she sent me the rest of the Malabrigo to play with, made me a little origami crane and sent a very cute sheepy card that Girly loved and had to put straight to beddy-bye. The Mommy sheep and the baby sheep were tired you see.
I had guessed that it was possible for her to maybe, might be, it could happen, be my pal a bit ago but I was pretty sure that she might be was my pal when she posted some hints about who her pal was and that there was snow there already. Since only parts of Ontario got nailed, I thought there was a good chance it really was her, but if I had said anything publicly, it would have turned out to be someone else and I would look like an ass, because that is what my luck is like. I am very, very good at making myself look like an ass.

7 Comments:

  • Yay! What fun to have your scarf arrive, and for you to know your own pal! The scarf looks luscious - Malabrigo is wonderful! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:55 AM, October 28, 2006  

  • Oh hurray for youf scarf! It is beautiful! And Lolly! She is so cool. Congratulations on receiving your scarf.

    Tha G'ma square is beautiful. You keep teasing me with it!

    By Blogger Kristy, at 12:38 PM, October 28, 2006  

  • Oh, how beautiful! That is so "my" green! You are a lucky girl!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 PM, October 28, 2006  

  • you're too cute. like a kid in a candy shop!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 AM, October 29, 2006  

  • I so love these sunset photos, they're totally artsy! And what a great shawl you received - amazing color!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:54 AM, October 29, 2006  

  • I love your self-portrait. That is a REAL picture, unmade bed and all. We need more of these in blogs to remind us that life is not a Vogue photo shoot! :-)

    Lolly's stuff is great, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:38 AM, October 29, 2006  

  • Lucky scarf pal, you! I just bought a sweater's worth of Malabrigo today...

    By Blogger Liz K., at 3:44 PM, October 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home