Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Walk with me Wednesday, Knit with me Everyday.

You know you're gonna anyway.

Today is supposed get up to 0*C/32*C. Yestderday was warm and now although it still looks a bit like winter this way ...


... and this way ...


... it looks more like spring this way.


That's as long of a walk as I will get today unless you count going from car to store to do a bit of Christmas/grocery shopping and some errands. I don't have the boy today, so I get to run the errands mid-week and actually get a more restful weekend as a result.

In knitting news:

A scarf was begun with Naturelle Aran wool on 5mm knitting needles using the Roman Stripe Stitch pattern from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Stitch Patterns (Library's copy). Nice, reversible and fairly unusual. The knitter may be considering sending it to her Secret Pal for her upcoming birthday.

Delusions Plans have been formulated for a striped baby hat from the leftover Naturally Colourworks wool. It may or may not be enough, tune in tomorrow for possible cast on results. Even though she will be driving all day and has a soon-to-be-three year old with her, she is packing some knitting in her bag.

The Fleece Artist got put away after the knitter cast on and realized that the stitch pattern she wanted to use were complicated and would take longer than she had anticipated. She actually thinks she can start knitting cables with a cable pattern inside a cable. Tune in later in the week to see if her head has popped off.

2 Comments:

  • What a lovely looking scarf!

    Busy moms never know when they will be able to fit in a little knitting, so it's best to be prepared!! Yesterday I squeezed in a few rows while my children were sitting for photos. I did not have my knitting with me when we stopped in at the library Saturday, and I was much put out by that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 AM, November 15, 2006  

  • The scarf is beautiful, and I can't believe it's snowing up there already (and has been since early Oct.)! I think Massachusetts is wintery. You Canadians are hearty stock.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 2:04 PM, November 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home