Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I am very merry.

We didn't have much snow, but we were fortunate to have what we did since most of Canada had a green Christmas. For many the first on record.

This is what I have been using to take pictures. The ball of yarn included for scale.

It's an HP 715. It was the top of the line four years ago at 3.3MP. I think it weighs about 2lbs. It has been a good camera and has taken some good pictures. We will be keeping it and use it for backup since there is nothing wrong with it other than it's size and weight.

This is a Pentax Optio A10. Small, compact, full of features and 8MP. Note the difference in lighting and colour between the two sets of pictures. The top set is more true to real life.

Super light and easy to take anywhere. Now I just have to go somewhere so I can use it.

I have found that lowlight pictures are difficult to take if you are across the room. But regular pictures are pretty easy. I have to play around a little more, but it's pretty easy to use so it shouldn't take too long to get better at it.

The Mr. was very generous and Girly and I were spoiled rotten this year. Fortunately we managed to get him some pretty good gifts to so he is very merry too.

9 Comments:

  • I'm glad you had a great christmas, I see we both got new toys too play with LOL

    By Blogger Barb, at 8:09 AM, December 27, 2006  

  • A better camera is certainly a fantastic gift for a knitblogger! How close a picture can you take? In 2007, I'd like to get something that can stay in focus at 18 inches or closer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 AM, December 27, 2006  

  • Yay for knitty pictures! You'll have fun getting some nice close up shots. Thanks for sharing you happy Christmas pictures ... Girly is sooooo cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM, December 27, 2006  

  • Yay, a new camera! How exciting! Glad to hear you all had a good day! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:22 AM, December 27, 2006  

  • Oh how wonderful! Congrats on the new camera. I'm so glad to hear you had a good Christmas - sorry about the strep throat though. That is miserable. I hope you are feeling better soon so you can take some exciting Walk with me Wednesday pictures! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM, December 27, 2006  

  • wow! that ball of yarn grew! i have to say, you took marvelous photos on the old one. can't wait to see what you can do with 8mp.
    love the last photo of daddy and girlie. that's just too precious!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:34 PM, December 27, 2006  

  • Congratulations on getting a gift you can share with your readers. A good camera is practically a necessity these days, especially if you are a blogger!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM, December 27, 2006  

  • Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a good day. Girly's dress is very pretty and she looks like she is quite at home in the fancy get-up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 PM, December 27, 2006  

  • These cameras are both really great ones, but I have to agree, the new one rocks big time! These small things are so very handy, I often wish for one when I battle around with our huge digicam - it's just not possible doing snapshots or such with it. So - I'm sure you're going to enjoy that pressie of yours big time - and I'm looking forward to seeing many more of your amazing photos!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:18 AM, December 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home