Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Scarves 'r' Us

I'm thinking that I may not knit another long skinny rectangle after I finish the pink one and my Red Scarf 2007 contribution.

This was one of those "We break into your regularly scheduled broadcast..." things. Where did the time go? It was the last day for the littlest child I look after. He and his parents are moving to southern Ontario and I couldn't just drop this off Christmas Eve. So I was frantically ignoring children and housework to try and get this done on time. I had finished weaving in the ends and was on the hunt for tape and wrapping paper when his Mother called to say she was on her way. Whew! Five yarns held together make for a nice warm thick scarf. Those are 2 Regia Sock yarn, Pure New sock yarn, 2 Ovation lace weight. I used 10mm(US15) needles, cast on 12 sts and worked a 1x1 rib. Since he is just 15 months, he didn't need it to be long or wide so I was able to finish on time and still feed myself and the children. I even managed to change a diaper or five.

The sunset. At 3:30 in the afternoon. It isn't even the longest night of the year yet. Mind there are only two days left of decreasing daylight, but 3:30 in the afternoon is still pretty crazy.

Soon though the days will begin to get longer and it has been a pretty mild winter for which we are most thankful.

It is always fun to introduce an obsession broaden your children's horizons.

5 Comments:

  • Wow, you've been knitting up a storm, haven't you? And I love every bit of it! Also thanks for sharing your most amazing pics - your little one is just such a cutie!
    I've received your lovely card and the awesome stitch markers today - thank you so very, very much for it! The markers are already in use, they're so beautiful!
    Happy holidays, and all the very, very best to you and your family!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM, December 21, 2006  

  • Whew! Don't you love it when you just make it! lol Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    By Blogger Cathy, at 11:58 AM, December 21, 2006  

  • I love how the blue scarf has bits of grey in it :) Girly looks like she's having fun with the beads :)

    By Blogger Barb, at 4:31 PM, December 21, 2006  

  • I remember last Christmas finishing a scarf so I could gift it that night. Whew is right! I really like the blue scarf! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 4:49 PM, December 21, 2006  

  • My mom asked me to knit a scarf for her friend for Christmas. 25% of the way into the yarn budgeted for the project, I realized I had cast on too many stitches and the scarf was much wider than practical. It's not much fun ripping out and re-doing! But all of your scarves look lovely.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 PM, December 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home