Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Walk with me Wednesday

Today is Walk with me Wednesday and although I won't be able to get out for a real walk today, I did get out to pick up dog toys. Finally.

The snow has been melting a little over the last couple of days. It's a little colder today than it has been and I saw a flake or two falling. I am holding out hope for a white Christmas. I have not seen a green one yet and I don't think I really want to. It would not be the same. I would feel lost and weirded out if I didn't have to bundle up like the Michelin man to head outside on Christmas Day.

This tree is one of the ones I would love to decorate next year or the year after with some of these solar powered Christmas tree lights for outdoor use.

This one too. They are both in the part of the yard that I can see from my living room/kitchen windows. Way too far to try to run a cord out and really, who wants that much electrical cord laying around the yard. Especially if it snows on them, melts a little then freezes solid. Not fun trying to get them out of the snow after that.

These trees are off the to side and I think if we did the shed like the house, we could do these trees too with more of the solar lights. They are pretty pricey, but think of all the money you could save on Christmas Hydro over the years and all the energy conservation too.

I managed a quick picture of the finished scarf before packing it up and sending it off. I really like this one. The colours are so soft yet bright. Like spring growth on the end of a pine tree. It is incredibly soft and wrapped twice like this, so warm. I think there will be another one of these on the needles after Christmas. I even have enough yarn left to get a wrist warmer. So if I make one more scarf with the same yarns, I'll have two wrist warmers from the leftovers of each.

3 Comments:

  • You are like an FO machine or something. Seriously - I am impressed with this parade of finished handknits. You provide such hope for those of us who are languish under the weight of unfinished Christmas knitting projects.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 3:42 PM, December 13, 2006  

  • I love looking at your trees! The scarf is a lovely bundle of love, and very cute with the little lamb curled up in it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM, December 13, 2006  

  • It is a perfect color for you. I like the idea of the solar lights. I wonder if they will tolerate the extreme temperatures. Most of my little garden ones fade in the winter and have a short life.

    By Blogger judy, at 8:43 PM, December 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home