Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Part one of the weekend.

Have you heard of Ten Thousand Villages (Canadian site) (US site)? Me either, until Saturday at the Fair Trade Craft Show. Wow, what an awesome organization! I thought nothing could top Heifer International (still love Heifer too), but this does. The really cool thing, they also allow you to donate money specifically to purchase animals, trees or craft supplies for people.

Go check it out. They have some awesome stuff up for sale and if you live in the US and spend $100.00 you get free shipping until the 19th of December. You also get the satisfaction of helping artisans in the poorer countries make a fair and equitable wage for their efforts. It is a Mennonite organization, but I really don't think it matters who organizes so long as it helps people rise up on their own two feet, restores their dignity and gives hope to them and their families for a better future.

Now for a lighter note. Go pee, put down the water, turn on the sound and laugh your tail off. I have seen many of these moves I may even have commited a few Cotton Eyed Joe for one, I'll never tell though. Saw it on Barb's blog and was compelled to share.



I had this written up Saturday night and saved as draft. I guess because of the You Tube embedded video, I can't upload more pictures so today is a two post day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home