Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tuesday, quiet Tuesday.

I just got a call this morning that I will not have the little Mr. as he and Mommy are not the best. I think that may be a good thing as I woke up with a wicked headache and one little one will probably be enough. Here's hoping for a reasonably quiet day.

Yesterday I said I was going to concentrate on this so that I can be done and have it in the mail. Ha, Ha. It didn't even get unrolled.

Instead this one grew a little bit. I put it on the back of my neck every now and then. It is like wearing a cloud. Light, soft and warm. I think I may make this a short scarf though. Just long enough to go around the neck and tie neatly or to wrap once around itself if I can find some really small shawl pins or pretty broaches. Then it can be worn all day if they like as an accessory to an outfit or as a short scarf tucked around their neck.

This though, is what I was really working on. It's another square for Firefly. More masculine, because men sometimes need nice knit stuff too. I think if a family gets to the point where they don't have a home anymore, it is devastating to a man's self esteem. I know if we became homeless, the Mr. would be a mess. He stresses enough because we don't have a three month safety net right now. We are lucky though because we have an end to the debt in sight.

On another note, if you have been wanting one of these, but haven't wanted to spend that much money on one, here's a good reason to reconsider. Frozen solid. Normally this cracks plastic bottles.

Especially when they are so full that they have the imprint of the cap on top of the ice. I think that little bit of a air bubble helped take some of the pressure off, but I've seen other bottles crack for less. The real test of endurance is if it can get dropped after spending the night out in the car at -40, but for now, I am impressed.

One benefit of being an only dog is that you get to snuggle with your food dish while you eat. We still think he would love to have another dog. Someday, he'll get one.

7 Comments:

  • The scarves are looking nice.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 9:40 AM, November 28, 2006  

  • Your dog is so funny! We have 2 and they always fight over their food bowls. Oh, I have that water bottle, aren't they great!!

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 11:12 AM, November 28, 2006  

  • Nice scarves!

    "They" say we are supposed to be getting some winter weather here tomorrow - yikes!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 AM, November 28, 2006  

  • I can so see the blue scarf with a pretty little shawl pin! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:52 AM, November 28, 2006  

  • I would really like to know the time difference between us. You have a new post ready and up before I am out of bed. Yikes.

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 2:30 PM, November 28, 2006  

  • good on you for thinking of the boys. i wonder what message we send out to little boys when we forget the men sometimes. like all the pink ribbons. i support that, naturally, but what about prostate? what am i telling my stepson when there's all these runs for breast cancer and nothing for prostrate cancer? it's nice to see you caring for the whole and not the half.

    you're so snuggly!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 AM, November 29, 2006  

  • Love the scarves - and good for thinking of the men when knitting squares. My husband always likes to have a vote :) And the nalgene bottles really are the best! Completely worth the money as they are REALLY hard to break and last forever!

    By Blogger Spinner, at 4:08 PM, November 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home