Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The view last night.

Last night around 5:00pm I looked out the window and there was a really cool cloud formation. So I took a picture, because my first thoughts were of all of you. "Hey look at that cool cloud. I should show everyone."

Then about 25-20 minutes later, it looked like this, hmm, that's strange. I started to wonder if something was on fire. Since the landlord is still burning over across the road, I wouldn't be able to smell if it was, since everything already smells like a fire. For four weeks. *Deep breaths to calm down* Anyway...

Another 15-20 minutes went by and I knew it had to be a fire and from the size of it, I'm guessing someone pulled a kiln too early and it was a kiln fire (really hot balsam like to combust when it hits cold air) out at the lumber mill. Purely a guess though.


I put the scarf down for a bit. I managed to do a few repeats on it, but I am running out of yarn and my will to knit is draining in the face of a few crappy nights of sleep. I needed something new to do to keep myself occupied and vaugely awake.

Enter a square for Firefly. It's one repeat of Inverness Diamonds with a border around it. I think if I ever wanted to do just one repeat again, I would start in the middle of the pattern repeat and work to the end, then go to the beginning and work to the middle. I do like how it looks like a fancy Roman Numeral X though.


Look what came out of the dryer. I washed Apollo's bed last night and I thought I had gotten the worst of the fur off of it. Aparently not. When I pulled it out, this perfect little hollow ball of fur rolled out. Again with the wanting to show everyone. I need to get out more.



Hey Tee, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I need proof of Alpaca and Cashmere together in one yarn anyway. ;D

Edited to Add: Thanks for the heads up Kristy. The link to Firefly's blog has been fixed.

6 Comments:

  • The sky pictures are so beautiful. I hope the fire is all put out and ya'll are well.

    And your square is so pretty. I have been contemplating stitch patterns for that project. (FYI: your link to Firefly is broken.) Do you know what the deadline is?

    By Blogger Kristy, at 9:32 AM, November 22, 2006  

  • Great cloud pictures.If you think that picture of your hair ball is bad I have been saving a picture of the hair I brushed off my dog for a post. I didn't want to gross everyone out but holy cow, I could have made 3 other dogs out of it.

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 10:17 AM, November 22, 2006  

  • Love the finished square, Dorothy.

    Nice cloud pictures - it always looks so tranquil where you are. :0) (At least outside, anyway!)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:38 AM, November 22, 2006  

  • Gorgeous sky pics! And I'm SO relieved that I'm not the only person who finds those hairballs interesting. Now I can suggest my husband stop mocking me.

    By Blogger Spinner, at 11:49 AM, November 22, 2006  

  • Did the air smell differently? Or were you too far away?

    By Blogger Nic, at 6:16 AM, November 23, 2006  

  • The square looks lovely ... I look forward to placing it in one of the blankets, in a special spot. I'll have to figure out what would be a special spot.

    Best wishes,
    firefly

    By Blogger firefly, at 7:56 AM, November 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home