Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy, happy, joy, joy ...

I came home from choir tonight and look what the Mr. brought back from the mail box! From my Secret Pal 9 pal, so happy, I love presents! Well, who doesn't really?

Sock yarn. Pretty pretty sock yarn from Perchance to Knit. It's called ChaCha and it is fabulous. 100% Superwash Kona Merino Yarn approximately 500-525yds.

The coolest thing, look at it with the jacket the Mr. got me for winter. There is even a pretty little stitch marker to go with it (click on the picture for a better view of it). I will make some simple socks with it and hope I have enough left over for a lacey little scarf to go with my jacket. Thank you, Secret Pal this is awesome.

All this was the perfect and happy distraction from a blog entry about another two inches on the scarf. I started a square too, but I'm waiting to see if it is going to turn out all right before I post it.


Katy, I still have 3 rooms and two items of paper covered furniture. I hope your marathon of reorganization is going better than mine.

7 Comments:

  • Oh, hooray, it finally got there! You weren't kidding about that time-suck at the border crossing, were you? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM, November 21, 2006  

  • ohhhh pretty sock yarn :), that looks even prettier than what's pictured at the SP9 blog lucky you :)

    By Blogger Barb, at 9:08 AM, November 21, 2006  

  • Yay - fun mail! And such a perfect match for your jacket. And two inches of progress on your scarf is great. I've done NOTHING for two weeks so any sort of progess impresses me ;)

    By Blogger Spinner, at 1:05 PM, November 21, 2006  

  • Dorothy, I went to the yarn store last night to show off some yarn I had bought from Knitpicks (say alpaca and cashmere with me) and ended up buying your orange-grenadine dyed yarn to make heavy socks for Richard's grandaughter. You are not helping me control my yarn stash you know. It's knitting up beautifully..the colours are awesome!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 PM, November 21, 2006  

  • What a great parcel! I love how the yarn goes so very well with the coat - you'll definitely need to knit yourself a fun little accessory! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 2:34 PM, November 21, 2006  

  • Such coordination!

    By Blogger Nic, at 5:56 PM, November 21, 2006  

  • Wow, this sock yarn is totally amazing, what a gorgeous colorline! Can't wait to see what you're going to use it for!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 AM, November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home