Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

All hail, the freezing rain.

Now many of you expect freezing rain to make everything look like it's made out of glass like this or this. But the stuff that fell yesterday was more like little pellets. Sort of like Hail's little brother only really slippery. When you walk on it, it feels and sounds like you are walking on really coarse salt then you walk in the house and whammo, on the floor with you or so I've heard.

Ahem, anyway, there has been progress on both scarves, but this one shows it more. I'm on the increase section and hoping to have it done today.

The square for Firefly's project is done and ready to go in the mail as soon as I get to town. Now one more for Comforting Jenn, then 9 dishcloths and five more short scarves and a hat and I'm done with Christmas.

I won't be able to visit as many blogs as often as I like to due to all the knitting for Christmas, but know that I am wondering how you are all doing and I haven't forgotten you. Anna, I'm in Central Standard Time.

"Yeah, like these were going to get folded anytime soon."

6 Comments:

  • Phew, your weather has certainly been taking a turn for the worse lately - I hope it'll get a bit better soon! We're still having our "Indian summer" here - totally unexpected, the skiing areas are all waiting for the snow that should be here since weeks...
    Your scarf looks so pretty already - and I so love the pic of your cat!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 AM, November 29, 2006  

  • Your scarf is looking quite lovely! I have finished up 2 chemo caps for my friend at the office and am working on a third. Let me just tell you, cashmere is an absolute dream to work with!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM, November 29, 2006  

  • We have some of your snow now and freaking cold weather today. High of 14 F and low of -1 tonight. Burrrhhh!!

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 2:27 PM, November 29, 2006  

  • Good luck with all that knitting! If only they (cats) had opposable thumbs...but then they wouldn't do housework anyways! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM, November 29, 2006  

  • Oh, some of those nasty ice pellets were falling as I was leaving the office this evening. When there's a good wind going, they really sting!

    Your scarf is looking very nice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 AM, November 30, 2006  

  • We've got fog and rain here in Toronto. Very odd for this time of year. I keep telling Charity I would trade with her if I could. I like the kitty in the laundry basket. I washed all Smartie's toys this week and she dumped my laundry basket over trying to get them out. I wanted to be annoyed but it was SO cute!

    By Blogger Spinner, at 4:14 PM, November 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home