Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

...and it was good...

Thank you all for the well wishes. They were all excellent gifts in and of themselves. Especially since they made me feel so bright, happy and cared for.

After a very nice dinner of coconut-ginger chicken stir-fry and coconut rice there was cake. My niece and Girly helped blow out the candles. We added more so that they could. I don't care about looking older, that's how life works. I tell people that I am old and cranky if they ask or sometimes I tell people that I am not getting older, I am getting fabulous. More for a bit of a laugh than because I am uncomfortable with aging. The thing I look forward to most about getting older is having grandbabies and hopefully being well enough and finacially secure enough to travel a little. Not having a monthly guest wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

The Mr. got me some flowers. I love flowers. Nothing can brighten up a dull room or a dull day quite like them.

My favourite of all of my gifts. My girlfriend made it for me. She's a quilter and it is a little fabric bowl that is reversible.

The reverse side. I like it better with the bright side up and the dark side on my dark table. The tiny gold leaves detail on the dark fabric gives it a bit of sparkle. Love it. Love that it is the black version of the blue fabric I bought for the lining in Girly's Halloween bag.

I'm nearly finished the purple scarf. I just need to cut and add the fringe. Look at the halo on it. It is incredibly soft and warm. I found that funny since it is such an open knit.

I made it 7' long because the person it is for loves long scarves. I still have quite a bit of yarn left over too. After I add the fringe, I'll write up the pattern (so easy) and post it for you.

6 Comments:

  • That bowl is really beautiful. As a homemade gifter, it's always the best to get something made with care in return.

    Sounds like you had a great day!

    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy, at 10:59 AM, December 07, 2006  

  • I love getting homemade gifts also. Even more on the craft that I don't do, like quilting (altho there's a quilter inside of me trying to get out). The flowers you got are beautiful in front of the window with the nice "white" background.

    Keep cozy while knitting.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 12:18 PM, December 07, 2006  

  • What a beautiful bowl! It looks ad sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I hope you all are staying warm!! Happy knitting!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:35 PM, December 07, 2006  

  • The bowl is really fabulous. Makes me wish I could quilt - or at least wish that I had a quilter as a friend who would make one for me.

    The purple scarf is really gorgeous. I missed the advent of this project while I have been away from blog land. Who is this beautiful scarf for?

    By Blogger Kristy, at 4:35 PM, December 07, 2006  

  • I love the scarves, and the bowl! A quilting shop near me frequently runs classes on how to make bowls just like that one, but I need another hobby like I need another hole in my head, so I just let them slide on by. How lucky you are that someone loves you enough to make one for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 PM, December 07, 2006  

  • Oh gosh - shame on me! With not reading blogs for a couple of days, I missed your birthday ;( I'm so very sorry, and I want to wish you - belatedly, but nonetheless - a very happy birthday - may all your dreams and wishes come true in this new year of yours!
    I *so* love your scarf and the bowl, absolutely fabulous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home