Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Well it's a foggy day

I feel brand new
There's about a million things
That I can do
Whoa oh, oh
Won't you, do them too?!

It's part of the theme song from Peep and the Big Wide World for those of you who do not have small children. I love that show. Cute, science and funny also voiced by Joan Cusak.

Yeah, okay. Well, on with the show...

Look it's a foggy winter day. Not a very common thing around here. Not that I can recall anyway. Usually winters here are dry as a bone and fighting static cling takes on epic proportions. Especially if your showers are rarely long enough to shave frequently. Not a good look, the pant legs stuck to the calves like that.

On the knitting front, a Spa Cloth. I used two of the Paton's Cotton Top (substitute any slubby cotton yarn in worsted weight) held together and 6.5mm (US 10.5) over 30 sts then just garter stitched until it was square.

Another scarf using the Sisu sock yarn, two strands Ovation and Paton's Kroy sock yarn. Incredibly soft! I thought the purple scarf was soft, but this one makes that one feel like sandpaper. The colour makes me think of those little Spearmint candies you get at restaurants with your bill or in a basket at the front till. Yep, we frequent really classy joints around here. Another one using the K1, *Yo, K2tog* to end, K1. This one is over 14 sts and on 9mm (US 13) needles.

My favourite Christmas ornaments. Aren't they cute? I got them for my birthday two years ago and loved them instantly. Check out the cute little rolled brim, knit stocking caps.


I was rearranging a bit yesterday and guess what I found. The box of dishcloths for my friends that I thought I had mailed off months ago. I suck. Here I was wondering if gotten lost in the mail or if they just didn't like it and didn't want to say anything. Who doesn't love knit dishcloths though?! The box smelled fabulous thanks to the lavender soap Jen had tucked in with her dishcloths though. So now it is taped up, on the kitchen table, ready for the mail and going out today. I suppose getting a nice Christmas gift is cool too.

5 Comments:

  • Back when I had cable TV, I LOVED Peep. I miss public television. I wish I could get it on broadcast. Thanks for the reminder of that cute little yellow chick.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 9:40 AM, December 12, 2006  

  • Oh those little snow men with knit hats are so cute. M-m-m-m a Xmas package with the smell of lavender is wonderful ... and the knit dishcloths an added bonus I would think!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 10:23 AM, December 12, 2006  

  • We love Peep, too! Thanks to you, now I'll be singing that song All. Day. Long. Thanks a bunch! ;)

    I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who would be sure I mailed off a parcel while it's safely stashed at home! Don't beat yourself up, eh?

    By Blogger Charity, at 12:13 PM, December 12, 2006  

  • You must have some weird, Mary Poppins-style bag filled with an endless supply of the discontinued Cotton Top. Always taunting me with the soft and cushy cotton.

    The little snowmen with the hats, so cute. And my first thought?...oh, I could probably make some of those. haha. It is a sickness, really.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 2:44 AM, December 13, 2006  

  • *Sob*! I want snow too! Snow!!!! You wouldn't believe it, but here people are starting to get their allergies - pollen allergies! I'm not exaggerating! Pollen - in December!!! *Desperate howl*
    I'm totally in love with these little snowmen, they're so cute - what a lovely decoration for the tree!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 AM, December 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home