Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Today's post is brought to you by small things.

This morning the moon was only about a 40* turn to the right from the rising sun. This was taken at about 7:45am and it is now about 8:20am. The sun is nearly up over the trees and the moon is only a paltry 45* turn to the right. This means that pretty soon I will be able to get a picture of the rising sun and the moon together in the same shot. I hope.

If you don't want to break your momentum in the knitting thing, slap in a dishcloth. This is the Garter Stitch Lace pattern from Dishcloth Boutique. Surprisingly pretty for something so easy.

This is another spa cloth with the Paton's Cotton Top. Same two balls as the last one and I think there will be enough to finish it without having to break out more. The thing about using two yarns together is the accidental dropping of one of the yarns in a stitch. It won't unravel but, it will leave a nice little hanging loop. I'm leaving it and tacking it down when I am done.

I was going to make one of these for a little girl I used to look after but, now I have to make another two since my younger sister (I have three sisters) is coming (my Mom doesn't know) and bringing two of her children. Long story, suffice it to say, the ex has his children and she has the ones that aren't his (born after the split).

What do you want to bet that I will be a gibbering mess on Christmas Eve?

3 Comments:

  • Your moon picture is absolutely striking. The sky is SOO blue. You should start making prints of some of these great photos. You could sell them for a good cause...

    By Blogger Kristy, at 10:19 AM, December 14, 2006  

  • I like to throw in a dishcloth every now and then, too. :0)

    Sorry to hear of your sister's plight - hope this Christmas is a happy and healing time for her and the kiddies.

    By Blogger Charity, at 2:39 PM, December 14, 2006  

  • excellent photo of the moon. such yummy colors.

    is there an online bookie site for us to place our bets about the degree of gibbering mess you'll be?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 PM, December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home