Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Knitting? Who me?

My sister's ex phoned yesterday to tell her that he may be dropping off the other four children the day before Christmas. Now, I am delusional on my good days but, even I know that there is no way I can get knit gifts for another four children done in time. This means that I cannot give the little ones the gifts I have managed to knit. That hurts. The Mr. is off to go do some more shopping. We were all proud of ourselves for finishing early. Sigh.

Look what I got from a crafter in Vermillion Bay for the women in the shelter. I told her I only had so much to spend and she filled a bag for the kids. All those soaps have little toys inside them too. Bouncy balls, frogs, and hedgehogs. Very cute. Flavoured lipglosses for the girls. I want to open them all and smell them. I am so happy and thankful since this is worth more than I had. She is so sweet.

Just a note, if you happen to run into a cranky shopper, just remember that there are things going on in their life that you and I don't know about. They may have Mothers rolling around on the floor howling while they have their heads stuck in a bag handle.

Finally, tis the season for us all to put aside our differences and do our best to get along. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from our house to yours.

4 Comments:

  • Aw, sorry you can't give the gifts you had planned - I guess they'll be great New Years' gifts, or something like that. If it helps, I always enjoy giving kids a gift in mid-winter (late Jan/Feb) because they seem to appreciate it more. :0)

    LOVE the crafty goodness - those soaps are cute!

    By Blogger Charity, at 12:40 PM, December 22, 2006  

  • Oh, these soaps look great - and so do your lil' furry ones, my gosh, this last pic almost sent me asleep, how very, very comfortable and relaxing this looks!
    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:02 AM, December 23, 2006  

  • The Holiday shopping is never done until Dec. 25th, no matter how hard I try.

    Merry Christmas!

    oh, and p.s. You've been tagged!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 PM, December 23, 2006  

  • Those are wonderful treasures for the kiddies in need. Is there anything we can do to help? I would love to put together a package of small toys or necessities if that would be of help to you. Maybe it is too late for your current doings but I'd love to know if there is anything I can send your way. Please let me know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 AM, December 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home