Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, January 01, 2007

A nice end to the first day.

I whipped up a little bag for Girly to hold some games pieces she got in one of her Christmas toys. While the Dora games box was well worth the money, it didn't come with little compartments to keep all the pieces separate and neatly stored inside the box. Knitter Mommy to the rescue!

This is for all the tiny little Bingo chips. It rated a hands in.

New Year's Day ended as it begun, with a little colour...

... icy pictures of a tree outside my parents front door before dinner ...

... and some loved ones. This is a friend of the family. We always called her Auntie even though there was no relation. We spent many a Sunday dinner at her apartment. I want to look this good at 73. I want to feel that good too. She can work circles around me now, I'd better get on the move.


On this day at 11:40am three years ago, we were hearing "It's a girl!" We haven't been the same since and I couldn't be happier or prouder to be her Mommy.

Happy Birthday Sweet Beautiful!



I will be working on my Red Scarf contribution and the bag for my Knit Mitt Kit Swap so I won't have a whole lot of knitting to show. Therefore, until I am done, I am going to cop out with a stitch shot or two and lots of ice and snow pictures. You won't mind though, will you?

10 Comments:

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you get spoiled and eat LOT'S of cake :)

    By Blogger Barb, at 9:16 AM, January 02, 2007  

  • Happy Birthday, Girlie! Capricorns rule!! [my b'day is next week, hehe] Have a good one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM, January 02, 2007  

  • Happy Birthday, Girlie!!

    Your pictures are beautiful - morning and night.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM, January 02, 2007  

  • Happy Birthday, Girlie!!

    Your pictures are beautiful - morning and night.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM, January 02, 2007  

  • Happy Birthday Girlie! You look adorable as ever. Know you'll have lots of cake and treats and hugs. I'm SURE your Mummy has it covered ;)

    By Blogger Spinner, at 10:39 AM, January 02, 2007  

  • Happy 3rd Birthday to your little girlie!!

    First all those Christmas presents, now the birthday presents. I'm a January 'baby' too and that's a lot of fun packed into a few weeks.

    Have a great birthday!!

    By Blogger Maureen, at 2:12 PM, January 02, 2007  

  • What a brilliant little bag. Clever Mommy indeed.
    Precious post - thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 6:13 PM, January 02, 2007  

  • Happy Birthday, Girlie! 3 is a wonderful age to be!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM, January 02, 2007  

  • Argh, still so behind!
    happy birthday!!!
    and was that hubby knitting in the background? i know it is. he has to be!
    will get caught up eventually.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 AM, January 03, 2007  

  • Happy Birthday!!! One of these years I'll be on time....sure can't wait to see ya'll! Much love and wishes for lots of fun this year!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 PM, January 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home