Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Some lasts for you.

The last Saturday Sky of 2006. It's a gray one framed with frosty trees.

It isn't very cold, but you can feel the damp in the air. Odd since the lakes are frozen solid and the snow is dry and powdery too. Skier's dream snow.

My last new knit of the year. My red scarf contribution for the Red Scarf Project. The right side ...

... the wrong side. I like that you can't see the lines where the colour changes in Cartridge Belt Rib stitch. It just becomes another feature of the stitch.

The last Girly picture of 2006. She got this dolly for Christmas and she loves it. It's as big as she is.


My last Meme of 2006.

I got tagged for the 6 weird things meme a while ago and now I am finally ready to participate. If you want to do this, consider yourself tagged.

6 Weird Things About Me.

1. I am happiest when things are neat and organized in my house, but I don't like having people in the house when I am cleaning and organizing. Needless to say, I don't get to organize very often. The cleaning, well, that gets done anyway. It just means I don't like cleaning even more than I already don't like it.

2. I like the idea of a nice bath. I'm just waiting for a nice bathroom to have it in. So showers are the thing until that beautiful bathroom comes my way.

3. I can knit in the dark, but if the lights are on, I have to look at what I am doing or I mess it up.

4. Although I love coffee, I am not big on the stuff I make at home. I make it anyway because I love the smell. I drink it too because it would be a waste not to.

5. Nothing can fog my brain over quite like a math problem, but I do like how equations look. All those signs, symbols and numbers neatly laid out.

6. The smell of a skunk doesn't bother me. It isn't a scent I would seek out, but I don't mind it if I happen across one on the road and the car fills up with the smell.

There you have it. My weirdness in writing.

Last, but far from least...

Ten Things to do in 2007

1. Carry my camera everywhere.

2. Quit wearing men's sweat pants in public. Not even to the mailbox or the grocery store. Giant Sorel's don't disguise what they are.

3. Start a knitting/crafting group.

4. Get outside more often. Unless it is really cold or really wet. Don't feel like it isn't an excuse since I never seem to feel like it.

5. Keep up with the charity knitting.

6. Try harder not to put things off until the last minute. This would ensure that I am on time more often.

7. Quit glaring at things and waiting for them to do themselves. Sitting on the couch knitting and getting annoyed at the laundry and dishes for not doing themselves hasn't worked thus far, it probably won't work in the future either.

8. Try to bake a bit more often.

9. Try to exercise once in a while.

10. Start knitting small gifts now so I have a backup stack of stuff for birthdays and Christmas.

I don't like to make definite life changing resolutions for New Year's since I break them every time. Making them when I am ready to make the changes works better for me. That's how I cut out sweets, started drinking tons of water and quit partying and smoking (five years in February).

2006 for me was the year of the knit and the blog. I am really looking forward to seeing what 2007 brings. For now, I have Girly's birthday party to plan and a house to clean. The dishes still aren't doing themselves. I even left them overnight and no luck.

3 Comments:

  • Are you serious? I so thought if I kept glaring at the basket of unfolded laundry, it would eventually fold itself. Darn it, I guess I'd better get busy then.

    I'm with you on the resolutions. I've never really gotten people's whole, "It's a new year, and it's all going to be different now!" thing. If you want to change, change! :0)

    LOVE Girly with her dolly. So sweet.

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:00 AM, December 30, 2006  

  • This was very interesting to read through - and I adore your pics as usual!
    Have a very happy, healthy and peaceful New Year - all the best to you and your family!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:37 AM, December 31, 2006  

  • That's why nothing gets done while I am knitting. D*mn it!
    I found your blog through the Canadian Fibre ring but I know both of your commenters! How funny is that?
    I don't like to clean when people are home either and I LOVE the smell of skunk. Here on the West Coast we have Skunk Cabbage that smells similar - so when they bloom/grow in the spring I love to take walks through the woods. While everyone else is complaining I am deeply inhaling.
    Glad I found your blog.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 2:53 AM, January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home