Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Not much on the colour today.

I had to go into town yesterday and I managed to get there while there was still light. So, since I have been good about taking my camera with me everywhere I go so far, (Look at me bragging about remembering to keep a resolution for 4 days.) you get to see more snow pictures from places not in my yard.

This is a very reassuring picture. I love how trees and power lines get along so well. The lines men for Hydro are very glad trees are so crappy at conducting electricity. Otherwise they would be working non-stop until all the ice melts.

Ice Falls. Taken the day before yesterday in the neighbour's yard. The one who already thinks I am a little strange for tying a scarf around a sunflower and taking pictures of it. He is very sure that I am a little off now. Squatting in the snow, leaning to one side and holding a camera a little sideways at arm's length to try to get a good angle on a bunch of icy trees. So not weird looking.

I like these trees. I remember when they were not so tall. We used to be able to reach the tops of them when I was nine.

I love how this picture came out nearly black and white. This is the road across from the one we always walk to with the kids.

The CN (Canadian National Railways) train bridge. We used to walk over this to go up Sioux Mountain on school trips. There are only a few VIA trains coming through on Tuesdays and they are hours apart so that was the safe day.

Oh, hey! Knitting! The KMKS bag is coming along nicely. This is a mosaic pattern called Key and Basket Pattern from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury. I have some pretty heavy fines to pay to the library for this book. I think it is about 2 weeks late after having been renewed twice. I think I need to find my own copy. Someday I'll have all three and be most happy. Because the knit must be greener in other books.



Suzanne, Girly's actual day is the second. She is one year younger than Peachpit.

Katy, the Mr. was playing with a camera in the picture. I haven't been able to convince him to take up the needles yet. He says maybe when he is much older and retired. He doesn't think it's weird for men to knit, he just isn't interested in reading patterns or reading anything other than the myriad of manuals at work and the occasional car/truck/boat motor manual.

8 Comments:

  • Oh, what a lovely basketweave pattern! Very nice!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 AM, January 04, 2007  

  • I like the picture composition in the one 3rd down. The trees all in a row from left to right going back, full & bending with snow. Very nice!

    The mosaic bag is going to be super. Yup, ya gotta buy the book!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM, January 04, 2007  

  • Good to see that winter is somewhere. I like the mosaic bag.

    By Blogger judy, at 11:10 AM, January 04, 2007  

  • My KMKS bag is done, but I'm getting anxious that the yarn I ordered for the swap will not be here in time. Sigh. I like the bag progress! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 2:36 PM, January 04, 2007  

  • Sorry I haven't commented much lately. Thank you for the sweet comment you left the other day, this was pretty hard so late in the pregnancy but everyday gets a little brighter. Your pictures have been just beautiful!!I will get some up soon! :)

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 10:36 PM, January 04, 2007  

  • Gosh! Those huge amounts of snow! I'm stunned! Here, it snowed exactly twice this winter, and both times it was, like, 3 or 4 inches that melted away in an instant. Hello?!! We're right in the middle of the Alps here, snow belongs to our winters like XMas does! Hm... I suppose we'll be getting it when we don't need it anymore, like in April or so - and until then I'll be marvelling at your gorgeous pics!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 PM, January 04, 2007  

  • I love the snow pictures! Tomorrow it will be just shy of 70 degrees here in NJ and that is just WRONG! It should be cold. There should be snow. So I come here for my snow.

    The bag is lovely! Can't wait to see how it progresses.

    By Blogger buttercup, at 7:22 AM, January 05, 2007  

  • Your pictures are so lovely. I approve of whatever contortions you must undergo to take them. On the one hand, I'm totally jealous of all your lovely snow and think it's just wrong that we've only had one snow in Milwaukee, but on the other hand, I have to walk everywhere I go, so I'm totally enjoying the warm weather... Oh well. I'll just enjoy your pictures!

    Love the bag! I'm sure the late fees will totally be worth it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 AM, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home