Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Pretty, pretty!

A belated Saturday Sky. The sunset was short, but spectacular.

I spent the weekend doing quite a bit of knitting. There was the Ballband, of course.

The Pudorosa got some more stitches. It's really shaping out now and I am very happy with how it's looking so far.

A close up of the lace pattern. It's a really pretty one. I think it's called Fishtail Lace. Whatever it is, I like it.

My Mystery Stole. Apparently I am very fond of thinking things are way harder than they actually turn out to be. Knitting with laceweight is no harder than knitting with a DK weight. Tinking is much harder though! Using a crochet hook to add beads is pretty easy too. Thus far, it has been fairly smooth sailing once I figured out what size needle looks best with the Misti Alpaca Laceweight [2.5mm although I would have gone down to 2mm if I wasn't worried about losing even more width and length than I already will]. The designer made her stole with Zephyr Wool/silk on 3.5mm needles. So I will be losing a good bit of width and length but I think that will be okay. If not, I'll use it as a giant scarf.


I was awarded a Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Award by Miss Scarlett this weekend. I rock? Alright! Now it's my turn to award five fabulous women and I have been thinking about this ever since I found out I'd been gifted with this honour. It isn't as easy as it sounds. Only five? Hmmm... I think I've managed to narrow it down. Fortunately Scarlett awarded Cynthia already so that leaves me another spot.

So without further ado, here are my five Rockin' Girls!

Katy: My very first on-line friend. We met on the SnB forum. Apparently when you are on a knitting site and your handles have more to do with food than knitting, you stand out a little. This girl would stand out anywhere though. Anyone who can finish a marathon with a cracked hip must be a rockin' kind of girl. She knits, she runs, she fosters Greyhounds. The woman can also conserve water like nobody's business.

Suzanne: Whose generousity and thoughtfulness has made my day more than once. She rocks the science lab and plays with equations for fun. Her designs are always clever and they turn out so beautifully with just the right amount of artistry and planning. Smart, beautiful and creative, how could I not award her a Rockin' button.

Kristy: Another generous soul. Her heart is huge and her love of quotes inspiring. The woman can crank out the origami, knit socks like a pro (she just started knitting socks last year) and her beaded stitch markers are creations to admire. She isn't afraid to take on a big project either.

Dipsy: Whose vacations take me around the world vicariously. Her knitting is always beautiful and holy sock knitting Batman! The woman is a sock knitting fiend. Her designs are beautiful and very well written. She loves to fly down the ski slopes and her pictures of her area of the world are amazing. Mostly I admire her ability to speak more than one language proficiently.

Lolly: Whose Project Spectrum has inspired me and many others to look at the colours around us with a different eye. To try to knit with colours we don't normally choose and even more scary to put them together. Her love for her family and husband shines. Her love of photography and writing showcase both her knitting and her surroundings to perfection.

ETA: Oops, I forgot to say, copy the image, paste it to your post and award five fabulous women you think deserve this award. Then display it with pride in your sidebar.

8 Comments:

  • nice work on the knitting projects, love the diversity of what you are working on. I passed on MS3, but will look on from afar & enjoy.

    Good shout outs - very good choices!

    By Blogger Heather, at 3:31 PM, July 09, 2007  

  • Your projects look really good!

    By Blogger Adrienne, at 4:37 PM, July 09, 2007  

  • I love the fishtail pattern and knitted my mum a lovely rust coloured scarf in lace weight yarn in this pattern.
    Your MS looks lovely, you are doing a great job.

    By Blogger Sue H, at 7:47 PM, July 09, 2007  

  • You are a busy knitter! It must be fun to be working on such a diverse set of projects. I STILL haven't started my MS3. I was supposed to be off tomorrow and was really looking forward to some spinning and knitting but...my sub cancelled so I will be there tomorrow.
    Sigh.
    So it is good to see the knitting of others!

    Love your selections!

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 11:07 PM, July 09, 2007  

  • Ahh!! Thank you so much for your sweet words, Dorothy. And to think, we might never have "met" if not for your friends who lost all of their belongings in their move.

    Speaking of them, how are they doing these days?

    The Pudorosa is beautiful! I am completely slacking on the Mystery Stole. I signed up early on and yet I haven't managed to start the knitting....once again, you inspire me Dorothy.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 11:23 PM, July 09, 2007  

  • Oh Dorothy! Thank you ever so much for awarding me as Rockin' Girl Blogger, this is just so awesome and you made me very, very happy with your kind words! Wow!
    And my gosh, the Pudorosa is going to be so beautiful - what an amazing pattern! I think I read something about an english translation of it somewhere out in the net - I guess it was on Ravelry where they wrote about it - and mind you, this is a "Must Knit" for me too! I also adore the color you chose!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 AM, July 10, 2007  

  • Wow, D, thank you so much! I am honored :)

    By Blogger Lolly, at 12:38 PM, July 10, 2007  

  • whee! i haven't feel too rockin' lately, so it's nice to be cyber patted.

    looks like the shawl is working out for you beautifully. i think the only mystery is why you thought you couldn't conquer it. pah! as if! and ... if you stop now? you have a belly dancing bikini front!

    no, probably a bit distracting the the bits.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 AM, July 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home