Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Good Bit of Knitting.

Of course there was some Ballbanding. Remember rainbow ice cream? That's what this makes me think about. The swirl of melting ice cream in the bottom of the dish on a hot day. Yummy!

The pink slippers are finally finished. Enough pairs for five little dancers and some of the second ball left. There is probably enough there for another pair of the smallest size.

I can't leave the little Mr. out of all the fun and I have two balls of the blue. His will be the biggest size yet and still that slipper only took two hours to complete from cast on to seaming and weaving in the ends. For you, a half hour knit.

This is the knitting that is just for me. Thanks to Ravelry, I found out about a on-line Spanish knitting magazine called Tejemanejes and someone kind enough to translate for me. This is the beginning of the Pudorosa. I'm using S.R. Kertzer Truffles in burgundy and so far, so good. I had one small blip on the third line so I did a quick fix and I'm waiting to see how it's going to come out so I can tell if it's a pattern error, if I miscounted somewhere or if I shouldn't have "fixed" it.


Tomorrow is resume day for me. Wish me luck with the job hunting!

11 Comments:

  • How did I miss that you're on Ravelry? Please let me know you're ID on there so we can "friend" each other. Naturally, I'm Buttercup there too.

    I'm still here, reading your blog religiously, just not commenting. Don't know why. Maybe dreams of all the interesting searches I can do on Ravelry kept my mind occupied. ;-)

    Sounds like you had a great Canada Day!

    By Blogger buttercup, at 1:23 PM, July 03, 2007  

  • Ah back to work ... of course I wish you luck!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 1:44 PM, July 03, 2007  

  • You are brave knitting a pattern written in Spanish. Even with a translator I would be nervous about a miscommunication. I have trouble with patterns written in English!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 PM, July 03, 2007  

  • Yay ballband! Yay rainbow ice cream! Yay little slippers! Yay... nope, can't do it. It's so hot and humid today that the Spanish collar thing is making my neck sweat and itch just thinking about it. Can't cheer for it, sorry!! Show me again in the fall. ;)

    By Blogger Sus, at 5:10 PM, July 03, 2007  

  • Good luck with the job hunting thing!
    btw, thank you so much for your Canada Day fireworks. I'm sort of ashamed to admit they got me all teary and weepy and homesick but it was wonderful to actually have "real" Canadian fireworks to look at.

    By Blogger RobynR, at 8:05 PM, July 03, 2007  

  • Whew - look at the size of that ballband! What is it going to be? I do love the colour and it does look like melted ice cream. Mmmmm...

    You have accomplished a lot of knitting in the last little while - good for you!

    Best of luck tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 1:02 AM, July 04, 2007  

  • You've been a busy knitter! Good for you...

    Thanks for sharing the fireworks. We stayed in. Sometimes 11:00 regardless of what day of the week is just too late. (Unlike today... darn insomnia.)

    Love the slippers and the ballband! Can't wait to see that beautiful collar! Very uptown!

    Good luck job hunting! Keep knocking on those doors. Someone will answer!

    By Blogger Michele, at 1:16 AM, July 04, 2007  

  • Awww, these little slippers are just so cute! And so is the ballband - you're doing such beautiful work! And wow, that Spanish online magazine - they have the most amazing patterns! Now, if I'd just have any progress with learning Spanish - but one day, I swear, one day... ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 AM, July 05, 2007  

  • you hit it right on with the swirled melted sherbet ice cream.

    By Blogger IHateToast, at 7:31 AM, July 05, 2007  

  • good luck with the job hunt and PRETTY color for you! enjoy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 AM, July 05, 2007  

  • good luck with the job hunt!
    the spanish mag is fascinating!

    By Blogger vanessa, at 4:48 AM, July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home