Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

La dance de knit.

What's this?

Any ideas now?

I hope for them to soon become a pair of these. My Mother made these for Girly and she loves them. She and her cousins think they are dancing slippers and have been fighting over who gets to wear them. Also they are getting a bit tight on Girly. I have four balls of Paton's Katrina. It's going to be all slippers all the time around here for a while.


Now I must go. The sky is getting very dark and the lightening is flashing more often. The power may not last long although I am hoping that it will.

5 Comments:

  • Oh those are the very same ones MY grandmother use to knit. She taught me and that's all I use to knit years ago. [I crocheted everything else] But loved these knitted slippers!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 9:29 AM, June 26, 2007  

  • I made a pair of those as one of my early knitting projects... but no one in my family will keep their feet covered! :0) These are very nice.

    By Blogger Charity, at 9:47 AM, June 26, 2007  

  • Oh I love those slippers!!! That was the very first thing I ever learned to knit. My aunt taught my cousin and I how to make those AT LEAST 40 years ago.

    Thanks for the memory flashback!

    By Blogger Maureen, at 2:25 PM, June 26, 2007  

  • you know, we almost never get thunderstorms. lots of rain (well, when we're not in drought) but never thunder. i miss that. but not the fear of zapping my 'tronics.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM, June 26, 2007  

  • Love the slippers. What a great way to use up scrap yarns.

    By Blogger Sue H, at 1:35 AM, June 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home