Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ha!

I win! It nearly kicked my arse, but I beat it! I need a life. I am now reduced to competing with cotton yarn. Sigh.

A test knit. I have to retest because I have a tendency to just fix something if it isn't coming out right and that doesn't help with finding pattern errata.

Another test. It came out great and and it's easy!


1 big can black beans drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen peaches and cream corn, thawed (ETA: It's a variety of corn if you can't find it, substitute sweet corn)
1/2 med green pepper diced
2 med vine-ripened tomatoes diced (leave out the bits of seeds that fall off in dicing)
1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
1/2 jar of salsa (whatever level of heat you prefer)
1/8 cup of zesty Italian dressing
1/8 cup lime juice

Gently toss all ingredients in salad bowl. Refrigerate 1/2 hour to let flavours blend. Serve.

I think this would be great with leftover cubed chicken or some spicy beef strips in it too.

6 Comments:

  • Yay for dishcloth victories!! It looks great! The salad/salsa looks really good, and I was digging on the recipe, but I've got to admit that when I got to "frozen peaches and creamed corn" I stopped cold. I'll totally believe you if you tell me this is a fabulous taste combination, but in print... And it may take a while before I would actually get the chutzpah to actually try it... It still looks really good, though!

    By Blogger Sus, at 9:59 AM, June 21, 2007  

  • Love that dishcloth! What lace pattern did you use? :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:13 AM, June 21, 2007  

  • THANK YOU for clearing up my corn confusion. I was so willing to go with it if you said so, but "peaches" and "creamed corn" sounded nasty as all get out! It reminded me of (Friends') Rachel's traditional English trifle that included sauteed beef and onions... LOL!

    By Blogger Sus, at 2:13 PM, June 21, 2007  

  • What an amazing dishcloth! I'd be too afraid to use it, it's so beautiful!

    I dropped by your blog from ISE4. Can I sign up for the next one? I had sooo much fun with ISE4 (my first time), and I'd love to do another. Could you let me know how to sign up?

    http://alohaknitter.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:10 PM, June 21, 2007  

  • did you hear that? cotton stores around the globe shivered in unison.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 PM, June 21, 2007  

  • Yes! Cotton loses again!

    Love the pattern - good for you.
    ;-D

    The recipe looks delicious, thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 6:44 AM, June 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home