Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Bright and colourful today.

How different colour combinations make a huge difference in the end reactions.

Nice.

Wow! I really hate when I run out of a yarn I can't find anywhere. Who would have though it would be so darn hard to find Bernat dishcloth cotton in Navy. What's up with Walmart lately? They only had variegated yarns and the majority of those were those giant balls. My LYS doesn't carry a large selection of dishcloth cottons because most of the people around here get theirs from Walmart. Hopefully that will change now that she knows they don't have any solid colours anymore.

I wasn't big on this colour combination at first, but now it's starting to grow on me. It's a pretty spring bouquet. Mostly daffodils with some snowdrops, crocuses and irises thrown in for splashes of colour.

Dish Rag Tag is now closed. She had well over 10 Canadians try to sign up and far more than 200 in the U.S. (What do you call someone from the U.S. if you think American is the wrong handle? After all, Canada and Mexico are also in North America which makes us as American as anyone in the U.S. Not to mention all the countries in South America who could also be considered American.) I am doing the organizing on this side of the border so the package will start with me and end with me. I am not an official participant though. Hopefully we can get a lot of groupies for our team and maybe next year we can have more than one team in Canada. If you are on Team Canada, start thinking of team names and if you are techno-savvy, blog buttons for us would not go unused. Team participant buttons and groupie buttons. You can e-mail them to me at knittingintothecold at gmail dot com. Also, participants can e-mail me there too so I know who's playing and where you are. We need to play geographically to try and keep our costs down. There will be forums set up over on Yarn Miracle's site and we can chat there, but we need to start planning soon since we are already at a disadvantage with our insanely expensive, unreliable postal service.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My daisy finally opened. It is pretty darn windy though so I had to hold it still for this shot.

My lilacs opened too. I didn't think it was going to, but surprise!

6 Comments:

  • I've been campaigning for "United Statians" It hasn't caught on here in Florida but maybe you can get it going up there. After all, unlike the residents here, we Canucks don't call it "America" but "the States".
    Also, your blooms are lovely. They're doing a nice job of assuaging my homesickness.

    By Blogger RobynR, at 11:01 AM, June 18, 2007  

  • The dishcloths are looking great and the blooms are beautiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM, June 18, 2007  

  • your photos make my day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM, June 18, 2007  

  • I like the dishcloths, they're really pretty.

    It's too bad our shipping is so crazy, I would have loved to sign up for this... :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 8:07 PM, June 18, 2007  

  • I love the dishcloths. I have been itching to make some Ballbands myself lately - that pattern is like Lay's, know what I mean?

    I am so bummed out - I linked to the site to spread the word and then by the time I found out the sign up had changed for Canada the thing was full. Sigh. I'll try and cheer from the sidelines. But I might forget - with all the socks I am supposed to be knitting! That I'm not. But the Ravelry is eating up hours - it is too addicting.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 12:20 AM, June 19, 2007  

  • These dishcloths are amazingly gorgeous - and so are your flower shots, so very inspiring!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 AM, June 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home