Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, June 08, 2007

WE DID IT!!

There were a number of you who saw that we were just short of my goal, opened your hearts and donated more so we would make it.

Thank you to every single one of you! I (and the Mr.) am humbled by your willingness to support me in raising money for cancer and also I am a lot pleased with just how many of you want to see a man show all of you he is sorry. You crack me up and I love you for it! Look for that on Monday along with a quick write up of the Relay and of course prize winners.

We managed to come up with a grand total of $2,095.04!! [ETA: You guys are really fast, in the time it took me to write this, another person donated another $10.00!]

How awesome are you!! Thank you. All of you! Without all of you hitting that Paypal button, donating on the Canadian Cancer Society's website and sending money in the mail, I and the Mr. would have raised $143.70 locally. That is the power of you. I received 105 donations from a total of 89 people. Less than 100 people came up with $2,095.04. For real. So the next time you are feeling frustrated and invisible, think about what impact you had in this fundraiser and know that you are visible and you can do it because you just did.

Now, I have much to do and if I don't get off this computer, I will be feeling frustrated and rushed.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

6 Comments:

  • Yay, Yay, YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! Now, go have fun. :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:59 AM, June 08, 2007  

  • Oh I'm so tickled! So glad you did it... I'll be looking for the recap on Monday. Good luck, and don't poke yourself with a needle while walking in the dark [& knitting at the same time ... too funny]. Want to see some pictures of that too ;-)

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 12:35 PM, June 08, 2007  

  • Excellent! Now go have a great weekend. Here's hoping for tolerable weather.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 PM, June 08, 2007  

  • I'm so happy for you! I hope the thought of all that help you raised helps to keep you warm during relay!

    By Blogger Laura, at 2:59 PM, June 08, 2007  

  • CONGRATULATIONS DOROTHY! You are so wonderful; have a great relay.

    BTW....you will have to let us know how the Mr. plans to celebrate you reaching your goal...wink, wink!

    Woohoo!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:24 PM, June 09, 2007  

  • Congratulations, I am so glad you got there, despite the fact that I didn't contribute. Sorry I didn't send anything, but I'm busy supporting the Cancer Council in Australia, as well as Cord Blood and the Children's Cancer Research Centre in Australia, but I was with you in spirit.

    By Blogger Sue H, at 6:37 PM, June 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home